Friday, February 8, 2008

Our lives in review!!!

Cory and I met on February 20th, 2006. I was introduced to Cory by his brother when we were all going snowboarding at Sundance. It was my first time and Cory thought he'd be a gentleman and stay behind from the others and teach me. Afterwards, we had to drive back to Logan. Instead of dropping me off, we decided to watch a movie. The next day we had our first date. We hung out every day that week. Then, that weekend, a friend of mine, also an ex-boyfriend, was having his mission homecoming. While I was there, Cory got jealous and decided he wanted to be with me. We became "official" and have been happily together ever since.
On May 13th, we were sitting on the Provo Temple grounds. That is where Cory proposed and I said YES!!
We FINALLY got married on February 3rd, 2007! It was the most beautiful wedding and reception! I was, and still am, definately the happiest and luckiest girl ever! In March of that same year, we found out we were 5 weeks pregnant! WOW!! It was the biggest shocker of my life...or so I thought! In June, the ultrasound showed TWINS! Now THAT was the biggest shocker!!
The pregnancy went well for the most part. I was super sick months 2 and 3 but other than that, it was perfect! No weird cravings....not much of any cravings actually! Cory was such a great husband and help!
On December 15th, Cory made me go to the hospital because I was having killer pelvic pain. They determined I was in labor. I really had no clue because I wasn't feeling any contractions. I would say it was the easiest labor I've ever heard anyone having.

On the 16th, at 12:02am, Gage Allen Wardell entered this world and blessed our lives.Then at 12:37am, his twin sister Taya Diane joined him.


They were beautiful from the very beginning! Taya came right into the hospital but Gage was a little smaller and had to be watched in the nursery for a bit. He perked right up though. At 8:00om the next day, we took the babes to their new home!

After lots of thinking and debating, we decided to go to Idaho Falls for Christmas. The babes were only a week old! But, my entire family was finally together for Christmas..that hadn't happened for 10 years! It was such a great holiday! And thanks to my wonderful sister and her husband, Gage and Taya were able to have their first Christmas pic with Santa without having to go out and be around lots of people! It was so much fun to be with the family and show off the cute babes!
A week later, Gage tested positive for RSV. He only had a cough, a horrible one, but only a cough. But, the pediatrican had him admitted to the hospital for the weekend as a precautionary measure because he was so teeny. He got well and is doing great!! Taya never got sick even though they share the same bed. We were definately blessed!
They are now 7 weeks old and doing super! They are the greatest gifts ever! To think I never wanted to get married and definately not have babies! I am SO glad God's plan for me was different than my own. I am so happy! I once heard "if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans!" It is so true! I am loving life with my gorgeous family!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Kasey! I am so glad you have one of these! ours is lovetheamidons.blogspot so check us out and lets be blogging friends :) I loved your post...so fun and those babes are so precious! I love your page how did you do that??

NikkiAWardell said...

Yeah!!!! I used a couple photos of your cute little bundles of joy on my blog....hope you don't mind!!!