Thursday, March 19, 2009

Idaho Falls

Cory, the kids, and I went to Idaho Falls last Thursday. The weather was too cold and snowy for Cory to work, so we got a few extra days there! Yeah!!

We got up Thursday morning, got everything packed, got the kids loaded, and took off!








Gage was asleep with his finger in his mouth and hand on his ear! Taya had her "fluffy", puppy, and pillow all snuggled up on her!









Cory driving. I was asleep with his sweatshirt wrapped around my head!









Gage and his cheesers!









Taya's our lil gymnast!


















I would look back and she'd be relaxing with her legs in weird positions! Gage wanted to try it too!

















Haylee eating away. Classic Gage pose!










We hung out at the house for the rest of the day. Let the kids nap and play.









Peyton..Gage giving her kisses!


















Gage climbed in all by himself..and fell trying to get out! And of course Haylee's watching him..she just loves him!!










Friday we got Gage's second hair cut!! He had gone down for a nap in the morning, and his appointment was at 11:45am. So..I had to wake him to take him. He was still sleepy and did not want to cooperate!! He did good for the first while, but he didn't know her and didn't want her messing with him. He started squirming and pushing her hands away. We didn't get to go as short as we had planned..but he still is such a handsome boy!
This was him sleeping. He was happy in the car though.









Side view..Taya went with us!









Before..and the only after..but you can see it better in the next pics..










Later, Tate wanted to take Gage and Taya out to play. So the three of them and Cory played outside for a while. They had a lot of fun! I chatted with my sister Joy.

That night, Gage and Taya tried their first hot dogs! My mom made beanie weenies (franks n beans as most of yall call them). They really liked them. Gage actually picked them out first. Cory and I, along with my brother, went to Craigos to eat..yummy! After they ate dinner, they went outside and played again. Thank you Mom, Dad, Joy, and Tate for watching the four kids!










After the kids went to bed, Mom, Dad, Cory, and I played "Oh the Places You'll Go." I really enjoyed that game! I won the first game and Dad took the second!

Saturday afternoon, Cory and Tate went rock climbing. Joy went with them to watch!





















While they were gone, Gage, Taya, Grandpa, Grandma, and I were outside playing. They have a fun little slide that they went down a few times. But they are such curious kids that they just wanted to walk around and see everything. A few houses down, there were some boys jumping on their trampoline. Gage and Taya thought it was the coolest thing! They just wanted to stand their and figure out what they were doing!
Miss Pretty and Handsome Boy!









Playing with Grandpa!









Grandma and Taya!










































Then Boogs brought out his scooter. They weren't too sure what to think. They seemed to enjoy it though!
Watching the scooter..Taya stood on it but was a lil nervous.









Gage on the back..close up of Taya in front!








They had no idea what to do..














He didn't want to get off and she just laid her head on his back.










They love being outside so much that they fuss when they have to come inside. I didn't feel like dealing with it that day, so I bribbed them with ice cream. They enjoyed it then enjoyed baths!
First bite..last bite!



















Cory and I went to my friend Melissa's wedding reception and the kids stayed back at the house. It was so great to see Melissa looking so happy! I enjoyed catching up with her, Ashlee, Natalie, and Danielle. I wish we had all 5 gotten a pic together..but next time!!

While we were gone, the kids rode a horse! Tate won a reading contest at his school and this was the prize he choose... Gage and Taya rode it while we were gone! Thank you Mom. Dad, Joy, and Boogs for watching the kids!




















That night Boogs, Tate, Cory, and I started watching "Quarantine." We turned it off cause it was really slow and dumb! Then Dad, Boogs, Cory, and I started watching "Role Models." Cory and I had seen it and I was asleep after 5 minutes. Cory said he dosed off and on throughout it. Dad and Boogs didn't like it...but Cory and I love it!

We woke Sunday morning, got everything packed, got the kids loaded, and headed back to Montana.


























Thank you family! We all had tons of fun! Can't wait to see you again! MUAH!

1 comment:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

It was fun seeing you, even if it was for only a few minutes!