Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Thank you for returning winter!

Okay, so I know people are checking for updates and such..and I will get there..I just have had ZERO time! You will soon understand...

Last Monday, Peyton decided to get a nasty nasty cough. Wednesday she decided to wheez all day and not eat..so we took her to the ER. She just had a bad cold..luckily the wheezing only lasted that day. But, she wasn't sleeping well at all. She would squirm and fuss a bit in her sleep and each time, it woke me up! But she is now..FINALLY better. She had no coughing yesterday!

Last Saturday, Gage started coughing. Sunday, it was worse. His eyes were SUPER watery. Drops just ran down his face constantly. He had a fever and his nose was SO plugged! Monday it was worse so we took him in to a doc. He has an upper respiratory virus which caused a double ear infection! He fusses quit a bit in his sleep..I am assuming because his ears are hurting him. He looks TONS better today though..but still super sleepy. Which is okay with me because it will help him get better faster!

Sunday night, Haylee woke at 10pm. She was coughing, her eyes were red and watery. Her nose was running like a faucet! We also took her in Monday. Once they said Gage had a double ear infection, we thought Haylee would too. She had a cold for a week a month ago and it turned into a double ear infection. But she didn't. Just an upper respiratory virus. Last night she didn't sleep much at all. She woke at 2am..back down at 3am, woke at 5am, back asleep after a few minutes though, and up at 6..back down about 6:30 and up for good at 7:30am. If anyone has met Haylee they know she is NOT a cryer or fusser! If she does, you know something is wrong!! So I took her back in today..thinking she might have an ear infection now...Nope! But the doc did go ahead and give me the perscription that way if she isn't better in 2 days, I don't have to go back, I can just give her the meds!

Monday night, I went into check the kids before I went to sleep. Taya was up just laying in her bed. So I turned her music back on and left. About 15 minutes later, I checked back. She had puked in her bed. It was on her clothes, "fluffy", and in her hair. So I gave her a bath while Cory cleaned up the mess. We cuddled for a few minutes. I put her back in bed and she didn't go to sleep until 2am! But when she was finally asleep, Gage was awake. I gave him some meds and put him back to bed. He took about 30 minutes to go to sleep.

Taya woke up with a little runny nose this morning. But, in January when Gage and Haylee had croup and Peyton had a nasty nasty cold, Taya just got a little runny nose..so hopefully this time too!!!

I am just WAITING for myself to get sick! I LOVE the snow but I am SO ready for summer!!! Please come..FASTER!!

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

Yuck! No one likes to see their kids sick especially when it just goes from one to the next. Hope they get feeling better. Spring is in the air!! They will all be so much fun this summer :)

TOVAR said...

Poor kids, and poor mom. It's so hard to have one sick kid especially when the virus finds new hosts/victims in your other children. I would have to say, the only thing worse about sickness in the winter, is sickness in the summer. For some reason I feel like I stay sick for much longer when it is warm out. I can only imagine how strong their immune systems are getting.

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

I am so sorry! That stinks! You must be completely exhausted after all of that. I hope you don't get sick now. That would be horrible. I have been sick, but my meds make me sleep all night. I wish your kids could take the stuff so you could sleep. If you need a break, I love to baby sit, but I have no idea where you live. ;) Take care and I hope the little ones get feeling better soon.

Amber Lanae- said...

Wow Kasey! You have your hands full! You are amazing though! Hope the kids get feeling better soon...and that you can get some sleep!
Have a great day! :o)