Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Two More Two Year Olds!

I clearly remember the day that Haylee and Peyton were born. I went to my regular doctor's check-up and didn't go home for almost a week! After much deliberation, we decided to check my cervix and he had to do it 4 different ways! My awesome doc always does a brief ultrasound at every appointment to check the heartbeat and position of the baby. We knew Haylee was transverse so he knew he was not feeling the head. And I was about a 2 1/2. He didn't want to keep digging around and possibly break my water in his office so Dr. Merrill sent me to Labor and Delivery at the hospital since their ultrasounds were a bit better and they would be able to clearly see what he was feeling.

While in the hospital our nurse noticed on the ultrasound that it was the cord that they were all feeling. Cord prolapse can be very dangerous because if I am standing and my water breaks the cord can easily proceed out or at least downwards and can harm me and definitely the baby. The nurse checked my cervix and I was about a 5. She said she would go call Dr. Merrill and come back in with the verdict. She leaves the area and Cory
and I could hear her on the phone. I heard her tell him about the cord and how far I was dilated. The next thing she says is, "okay I will prep her for a c-section." I looked at Cory and said, "Did she just say what I think she said?" He nodded and my tears started flowing! I was a nervous wreck!! To make matters worse, the nurse checked me again and literally jumped and said, "OH MY GOSH!" Cory and I both jumped thinking something was wrong. Nope, Haylee just moved while the nurse's hand was on her and it freaked her out for a second!

I cried the entire time I got my epidural (which I actually didn't feel much of because I was in such a freak-out state!), and the entire surgery! I was NOT excited about having to have a c-section and was just plain scared!! My doctor is amazing though and did just fine. I recovered extremely easy. I was up and walking as soon as possible afterwards and only took one pain med once I was home. Then I realized I didn't need them and I threw them all out!

Haylee and Peyton had to go to the NICU. They were there for almost three weeks. We had them in Ogden and were living in Logan. It was a very tough situation to be that far
away and not be able to go see them as much as we would have liked. We went about every other night..and it was just not enough for us!! The nurses were amazing! Haylee was on her oxygen almost the entire time she was there but once she was able to stay off of it she took off eating and was able to come home. Peyton was off her oxygen super quick but had a very hard time eating. Once that was under control she was able to come home. They enjoyed being able to be in the crib together once they were able to and we were lucky enough to have them come home at the same time!

Haylee Joan, born 10-13-08 at 6:26pm, weighing 5lbs 9oz.
Peyton Skye, born 10-13-08 at 6:28pm, weighing 4lbs 14 1/2oz.
Haylee..
Peyton..
Beautiful Twin Girls!!
Haylee right before we took her home!
Peyton right before we took her home!
At home!!
Six Months old!
One Year!!
18 Months!
Haylee is such a riot! She is the girliest tomboy you will ever meet! She loves to get down and dirty but has to have her hair perfect and her clothes clean the entire time! She has an obsession with shoes! Lately she has become attached to blankets! It doesn't have to be a specific one but she has to have a blanket with her. Gage is still her favorite person!! She tries to be just like Taya!! Haylee is the "mother" to Peyton!! She watches out for Alexis!! She loves Cory and I so much! Haylee is extremely smart. She's the "engineer" of the family! She loves to study and observe and figure out how things work. She giggles a lot! She enjoys reading, cars, balls, baby dolls, and learning toys. Haylee doesn't color too much. When everyone else is coloring she wants to be there too but she'd rather use the colored pencils for learning instead. She o
pens the case, unloads all the pencils, loads them up (one-by-one), and puts the cap back on..over and over! She loves to run around! Haylee falls and gets hurt but doesn't care. She just gets right back up and laughs. She follows Gage and Taya everywhere and thinks she is one of the big kids! I couldn't imagine my life without her and her sense-of-humor! WE LOVE YOU HAYLEE!!
Peyton is quite the character! She is either super quiet and shy or really loud and outgoing! She doesn't like strangers too much but she loves adults and congregates to them! Peyton really loves playing with her siblings but it usually doesn't last for a long time all at once. She tends to get tired of playing with them and sit down and "read" by herself or with me or Daddy. She is obsessed with her Daddy! Peyton loves to be with people. Sit next to them..sit on their laps..lay down on them..Peyton also likes to annoy people. She actually does it on purpose. She will look right at you and laugh thinking it's funny. She will definitely be the odd one out but in a good way. I actually admire her independence. She is close with her siblings but will not rely solely on them. She is going to be a very strong woman! Peyton loves baby dolls! She is definitely a little artist. She loves to color and is actually pretty good at it! She has the most contagiou
s laugh! Peyton loves taking care of Alexis! She likes to climb and jumping is one of her favorite activities. She hates when Gage and Taya try to get alone time and shut their bedroom door! I couldn't imagine my life without her and her crazy laugh! WE LOVE YOU PEYTON!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAYLEE!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEYTON!!
Beautiful Two Year Olds!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pics!! I can't believe they are two. Wow time sure flies doesn't it? Love yoU!

Marlynn said...

They grow up so fast! What darling kids they are. Happy Birthday girls!