Friday, April 22, 2011

I sob, I shake, I stumble

As some of you may know, my family is going through what is probably the toughest time of any of our lives right now! When I first found out, openly and without a moment's thought, I sobbed, I shook, I stumbled. But since then, I've been putting on a very strong front.

If you know me you know that is nothing new. That is a fortunate yet unfortunate part of who I am. I am the one that everyone comes to..with happiness, with saddness, with worry, with fear, with excitement. When they cry I am the one to give them a shoulder to do so on and a brave, "you got this" smile. But what most people don't know is that I am sobbing, shaking, stumbling on the inside. I don't mind being that person for everyone. I am glad they are comfortable enough with me to share all their emotions with. But what upsets me about being that "strong person" is that when I need to sob, shake, or stumble openly I often get, "you're okay, you're the strong one, you will be fine!" But my dear friends, sometimes even Goliath falls.

Well anyway, a beautiful friend of mine posted this message on her facebook page. I actually scrolled over it at first but then the description caught my eye. It said, "In this video, Apostle Joseph B. Wirthlin reminds us that no matter our sadness and heartache, the life, sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus Christ will ensure that we will ultimately overcome our trials." I felt compelled to listen. I sobbed, I shook, I stumbled! It is the first time since January when I first found out the news and the situation and it was much needed!

Cami, Thank you doesn't seem to suffice, but I don't know what else to say. Thank you for following the Spirit and posting it because I MORE than needed to hear those words!

My dear family, I don't know if I can say anything to sufficient enough to expose my feelings. But, I love you! I am so ridiculously proud of each and every one of you! I am SO blessed and honored to have you as "my family!" I will always be proud of you..ALWAYS! The outcome of this does NOT change who you are on the inside and the faith and the strength you have. It does NOT change my love to and pride of you! You are all wonderful and beautiful people!

Friends, I hope you listen to the beautiful message! I hope it can help lift another's spirits today.

The description under the video says, "The Resurrection and the Atonement of Christ are the pinnacle events in the history of the world. The darkness and sadness of Christs crucifixion did not endure. Christ was resurrected, enabling the resurrection of all mankind. In our lives we will have our dark days, but because of Jesus Christ we can have hope in overcoming our trials and ultimately returning to live with our Heavenly Father."

4 comments:

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

I wish I could give you a big hug right now Kasey. I feel that way all of the time in my family too. It's not an easy position to be in. My heart goes out to you and your family right now.

Jorgensen's said...

You are so amazing! Thank you fir this! What a blessing it us to have the comfort of the gospel in our lives!

Natalie said...

Kasey,
You are pretty amazing! I don't know the details that you're not sharing, but every time i read your blog i can feel how strong your spirit and testimony of the gospel are. I feel unworthy to be your visiting teacher. It should be the other way around.

Cami Rivas said...

I'm so glad you found some hope in the messages from this week's Easter messages! They were so good I wanted to share them every day and I'm glad they helped someone. I don't really think it was me, but I think your heart needed to hear something and Heavenly Father answered your prayers through one of his apostles. I'm just glad you did the double-take and actually went back to see it! :) Love ya!