Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter!

I love Easter egg hunts! I was sure fired up before this one though..We BARELY made it..and by barely I mean within seconds of it starting! We used mapquest to find the spot..well it totally took us to the totally wrong town! Terrible! So we made it within seconds! And what made it worse was that Haylee and Peyton were in the 2 and under area where they were supposed to have a parent with them and Gage and Taya were in another area for the 3 and 4 year olds where they were supposed to go in by themselves. Cory was parking the car so I was alone with the 4 of them. One of the workers offered to show Gage and Taya their area but Gage wouldn't go. Cory's mom and dad got there and in a split second Gage and Taya wanted me and so she had to take Haylee and Peyton. That was fine..except I had the camcorder and the camera and so I missed out on seeing Haylee and Peyton's first egg hunt! :(

I did record Gage and Taya though...who were supposed to be going in alone but man did the parents RUSH in. I HATE that! I think it's bad enough when the parents are supposed to be there with the child and grab all the eggs but to be somewhere where they weren't even supposed to be and have them rush in and grab all the eggs..really ticked me off!!

So..Haylee and Peyton each came back with 1 egg. They were happy and I didn't expect much more since that's what Gage and Taya got on their first egg hunt and were happy! This time Gage and Taya each got 3 eggs. Taya was happy but Gage said, "I don't have lots of eggs!" I said, "Oh look though, you each got 3 eggs for being 3 years old!" And he thought it was cool and was super happy!!

Taya and Gage showing off their baskets full of eggs!
They also had an Easter Bunny which was fantastic because we promised the kids they could see him..but we hadn't been able to find one anywhere around!! And if you know our kids..they forget NOTHING!!! My camera batteries died so I only got Taya with the Easter Bunny..the rest were on the camcorder! They each went up alone and we had zero sad faces or cries! YEAH!!
The Easter Bunny came!!!!
Our lil sleeper-inner, Haylee, woke up!
And today Alexis decided to sleep in too..
Dying our eggs!!!!
Finished product! Loved them!!
Going out for the Easter egg hunt after Daddy hid all the eggs!!
See the plastic package on the stairs? It has egg shaped chalk in it. Cory hid an egg in their thinking it would be SO hard to find! Well, we walked outside and Gage immediately found it! I was surprised myself that he found that one!!

And see the egg behind the snow shovel?? It was the very last egg and it took forever for them to find it!
I love Easter! I love everything about it..the egg hunts..dying the eggs..the Easter outfits..the TRUE meaning of Easter! I..LOVE..IT!!! Happy Easter family and friends!

No comments: