Thursday, September 15, 2011

The end of Tate's break!

Tate really wanted to do two things while we was on his break.  Rock climbing, CHECK.  Camping..CHECK!  I found a place that I really wanted to try but I couldn't get anyone on the phone and I wasn't going to drive almost a half hour one way, just to reserve a spot.  So, I found another place.  Fort Buenoventura here in Ogden.  It was a pretty cute place.  They were having a movie in the park that night and we could rent canoes if we wanted to.  It was perfect for an overnight camping trip. (or so we thought..)

I had to go to the store for groceries and upon my return I found a frog..
 Gage wanted a turn holding it.. 
 And so did Taya.. 
 We ate hot dogs over the campfire! 
 Then we took a walk down to listen to the music that was playing. (remember this river for a story later)! 
 Gage and Daddy listening to a band perform Lynyrd Skynyrd's FreeBird.  (Cory was disappointed..but I had to tell him he always would be any time a band tried to cover Skynyrd cause no one can do it as good as them)! 
 It got dark on our way back, but I love this picture of Haylee and Peyton with their arms around each other!
 Taya is sitting with Tate by the fire!
 We were setting up our beds! Daddy, Gage, Peyton, Taya, Mommy, and Alexis in her playpen!
 We watched about half of Toy Story 3, the movie in the park! So here's the story I wanted you to remember the river for.  It was getting chilly so I went back to camp to get a big blanket for everyone.  On my way back, I was walking without my flashlight on.  I saw something scurry across the path, cross to a tree, then go down to the river.  I stopped walking and shined my light in that direction trying to figure out what it was.  I slowly took steps forward when I hear hissing!  I slowly turned around with my flashlight.  I saw a raccoon staring right at me and walking towards me.  He kept hissing and showing his teeth.  I turned my light off and he stopped but kept watching me.  I took a few steps backward down the path.  He decided to cross and went down to the river.  Seriously scared the crap out of me!  I almost made Cory take the blanket back to the kids so I wouldn't have to cross the raccoon path, but I went anyway..totally scared!  
 Haylee asleep in the small tent she wanted to share with Tate!  Cory made her the coolest "sleeping bag"!
 The next day I took the kids on a nature walk while Cory and Tate finished cleaning up the campsite.
 Gage found a moth.. 
 These two are hilarious!!  Gage and Haylee are without a doubt, two peas in a pod cut from the same mold!! 
 After we were all cleaned and loaded up we went canoeing!  
 I took a very long walk around through all the trees!  It was beautiful!!  I did head back though and glad I did because Gage and Haylee wanted off.  Tate took the three kids and I got a turn with Cory, Peyton, and Taya!
 Like I said, this campground was pretty and we had fun. But unfortunately it is not the perfect spot for an overnighter.  It is next to the train tracks and I could hear them all..night..long!  I didn't sleep much at all because of them!  UGH!!  After camping was completed Cory and Tate went rock climbing again!  Look MOM..no hands!!!
Here's Gage and Tate saying bye!
We had a lot of fun with Tate!  The kids love him and had a blast playing with him!  I always love my Tate and wish I got to spend more time with him and talk like we used to!  Thank you for coming down Tate!  We all love you!!