I absolutely LOVE Veteran's Day! I can't help but be so thank ful that I live in the country that I do. I am so lucky to be able to have all the freedoms that I do. And, I know it would not be possible without those who fought for all the freedoms. Just like they always say, nothing free is really free..it always costs someone something. Both my grandpa's were veterans (they have since passed away), but I am so grateful for their willingness to serve, along with all others who have served this great country.
Veteran's Day 05, Jessica (Lott) and I were out at Angie's for breakfast. After we ate, we were in line to pay. Behind us was a sweet looking elderly man. He was wearing a uniform. We both turned to him and simply said, "thank you." He gave us a massive smile, and with tears in his eyes and a choked-up voice, he said, "thank you."
I want us all to thank a veteran. Whether it be someone you know or someone you see wearing their uniform. They know what they did was right but I am sure it is great to hear it from others! So I want to let out a big THANK YOU! That goes to all those who fought for us..whether they be veterans or we remember them on Memorial Day. I also want to say THANK YOU to the families of soldiers. They go through a lot from moving so often to worry to heartache. THANK YOU to you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
thanks for that great post. for some reason we seem to look over this holiday and I dont know why. by the way Happy Birthday :)
I totally agree with you. thank you for such a touching post. it made me stop and say a prayer of thanks for all the freedoms we have.
Happy birthday!! I love you.
Post a Comment