While we were at the Christus last weekend, we had the opportunity to listen to the narration in both English and Portuguese. The spirit was so strong during (both, but especially) the Portuguese. It was a blessing to be able to hear in in someone other than Spanish (yes I know it's similar) or English. It's just such a testimony of how amazing the spirit is..no matter where you are from or what language you speak!
Also, while we were there, there was a little family. The daughter, who I am guessing is 2 years old walked up to the statue. Her mom followed her. The little girl pointed to His feet and said, "feet owie, feet owie, feet owie!" It was of course so cute, but such a revelation. How many times do we go see the Christus and not pay much attention? How many times do we miss the obvious with that statue? I happened to be looking at the piercings when she said it, but nothing could have prepared me for what I felt hearing those words spoken out loud. "Feet owie, feet owie, feet owie!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













No comments:
Post a Comment