Cory and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary! We've been together for three years, but married for two. It really does seem much longer than only two years..and definately in a good way!!
A couple weeks ago, we went to Provo and hung out with the Wrights. We also stopped by his Aunt Linda and Uncle Martin's house on the way home. Linda said to let her know of a time and she'll watch the babies so we could go out. We didn't think much of it, but she mentioned it again before we left, so I, jokingly, said, "well our anniversary is coming up." She wanted to know when and we told her. She said she'd watch them the weekend before (January 30th). We agreed..then she said, "okay so from Friday night til Sunday! Okay!" We tried to talk her out of the weekend, but she wasn't having it. She and her daughter Anna were so excited!
The 30th came. We dropped the kids off at Martin and Linda's. We went to a hotel..ate some dinner, watched a movie, and had a great night's sleep!!
Saturday, we woke up and went rock climbing at The Quarry. It's an indoor climbing gym in Provo. We were there for hours..longer than expected, but it was okay because it was fun!
Cory before we left..
Me before we left..
Here's Cory climbing!
Us at The Quarry!
After that, we went to lunch at a mexican place Cory knew of and liked. It was delicious! We went back to the hotel and went swimming! We both love swimming and we had a lot of fun goofing off and playing "volleyball!"
After we got ready, we went and got tickets to the 3D film "My Bloody Valentine." Cory then took me to Baskin Robbins! It's my favorite and we don't have one in Logan! Then we wanted to just go back and relax at the hotel. We did..and we both fell asleep. Good thing I set my alarm!! We woke up and went and saw the movie!
Showing off our nifty glasses!
We're trying to looked afraid..but I think we look more shocked..oh well!
Being nerds with these big black glasses!
On Sunday, we woke up a little bit early to catch the breakfast. We ate and went back to sleep! After check-out, we stopped by the Provo Temple. It's special to us because this is where Cory proposed.
We're standing in the same place where we were when he proposed!
Then we went up to Temple Square in Salt Lake City. We went into the Church History Museum, which I'd never been to. Then we went and saw the Christus and walked around a little bit.
The Christus!
It was quite bright outside!
Beautiful Salt Lake City Temple!
Us in front of it!
Cory likes this water fountain.
We stopped by Cabelas on our way to Martin and Linda's. The weekend was a blast for us! And the kids all looked like they had a lot of fun as well! Thank you Martin, Linda, and all of your very excited and willing kids!
Gage asleep in his own bed!
Taya in hers!
Haylee stayed asleep in her car seat.
Peyton on the couch!
We also got to go out on our anniversary! The visiting teaching coordinator from our ward called me a couple weeks ago and asked if she could come watch the kids sometime so Cory and I could go out. On Monday, she said she was very willing and excited to come watch them for us on the 3rd! She and another sister in the ward came over.
We went out to Chiles and went bowling! The last time we went bowling, Gage and Taya were 3 months olds..and before that, I was 7 1/2 months prego with them! We had a lot of fun! I actually beat Cory..both games! Okay..so the second game, he wasn't trying..but still! He also got me a quarter ring. He did that because the first time we ever went bowling, it was at the same place and my friend and I got quarter rings!
Cory bowling!
Us at the Fun Park!
I was happy and he was pouting!
We had so much fun..thank you Amber and the other sister for watching the kids!
I just want to tell Cory how much I love him! I love being able to honestly say that I married my best friend! My love for you grows each and every day. I love how you make me laugh so much. I enjoy the fun times we have together! I am so proud of you. You have done so many wonderful things for me, for our children, and most importantly, for yourself! You make me the happiest person ever! I love how you love me. I love how you love Gage, Taya, Haylee, and Peyton! You do so much for all of us! I was definately lucky to have met you, to have married you, to have been sealed to you, and I am lucky each day I wake up next to you! I love being able to get all dressed up and go have fun with you but more importantly, I love being able to NOT be dressed up, not go anywhere, and have just as much fun with you! I enjoy our communication and honesty we've always had but I also enjoy those quiet times we have. Where we sit and snuggle together, me doing one thing and you another! I remember the first comfortable silence we had. We were at my apartment on the couch. You were watching TV and I was sitting next to you with my leg draped over your knees and I was reading a magazine. It's amazing how those things never change. No matter how many years of marriage or how many kids, I know we will always love each other the same way we did when we got married, if not more and more! We've been through a lot of changes just since we've been married. Lots of moves and lots of kids! I know you love each of them..no matter how much they cry! You are such a wonderful husband and daddy! I admire you so much for all you've done. I am happy to say you are my children's father. I know you will always be such a wonderful example to them. I love how you love this gospel and honor your priesthood! I still remember that day you got ordained an Elder! I simply can't list everything and all my feelings for you. So I will just leave it at this..You are amazing in every aspect! I LOVE YOU! MUAH!

















8 comments:
Happy Anniversary!! I'm glad you guys have so many people who are willing to watch your babes so you two can get out!! That is nice for you!
Happy Anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys were able to go out and spend some time together. I hope you had a great time! Happy 2 years and many many more to come.
It's crazy how fast 2 years goes by! You've had a lot happen in that time Superwoman/mom. Looks like you had tons of fun!! Congrats.
Well Happy Anniversary! Yippee, 2 years!!! Looks like you had a lot of fun and a relaxing time just the two of you. What good friends you have to watch your kids.
Kasey! this is shantel lott, your kids are adorable!! two sets of twins!...Wow! And you look amazing! i ran into your blog from Jennifers:) I didn't know you were in Logan...we are too:) we live in hyrum.
i have a blog, but it doesn't get updated very often:) send me your email and I will send you an invite:)
csleishman@hotmail.com
Kasey, you are a great blogger. I love all the fun things you do and the way you write. It is so fun to be ale to catch up with all that you are doing. Makes the distance between us seem so much shorter. Love ya, Vicki
Hey Kasey! How are you?! Happy Anniversary! I think last time we saw each other you guys were only still engaged. That's crazy! And I cannot believe that you have FOUR babies! That's nuts! I don't know how you do it, but I'm amazed. Congratulations again on your two years and your FOUR BABIES!!
Happy Anniversary! I am so happy you and your sweetie got to get out and have some relaxation and fun!
Post a Comment