Sunday, January 25, 2009

Family Night Out!

FINALLY!! We finally went out as a family. We've gone to visit people and out on drives, but never to a place. Last night, Cory and I took the four kids to a hockey game. They did really well. We stayed the whole game! We fed them dinner, got them all bundled up and left!

Gage hates getting that jacket put on!! Cory was trying to make him smile.

Taya was all ready to go somewhere!
Haylee and her smiles!
Peyton was ready too!

Gage was really sleepy so he didn't want to do anything but sit on Cory's lap. He did watch it though! And Taya was just loving it! She was standing and walking around, totally into what was going on on the ice. Haylee ate and hung out in her car seat. She eventually fell asleep. Peyton was asleep in her seat for a bit but woke up and was loving looking around!
Haylee's first hockey game!
Peyton's first hockey game! We couldn't tear her eyes off of the ice! Gage starting to get sleepier..
*Kiss Kiss*Way into it!
By the 3rd period, everyone was beyond ready for bed! Gage fell asleep on me (which is a feat in itself) with all the noise..even the buzzer didn't wake him! Cory was holding Taya. She fussed a tiny tiny bit, but was still watching and loving it. Haylee was still asleep and Peyton kept yawning!


Gage and Daddy during intermission!
Taya starting to get sleepy!
He was SO out!
We got home, changed diapers, put Gage and Taya to bed. They were out in a matter of minutes..if not seconds! Peyton got fed and put to sleep. Haylee never woke up. She ended up sleeping in her carseat all night (I know..probably not safe, but we figured we'd let her sleep and take her out when she woke..we assumed in an hour or so..)


It was most definately NOT as hard as we thought. They all did SO GREAT! They seemed to actually enjoy watching. Hopefully now I can convince Cory that we can take them all more places. He's a worry wart that someone will get sick! It was great to escape the house..for me and for the kids!!

6 comments:

~jAnA~ said...

Awesome Kas....
How adorable everyone looked! I am amazed you attempted a night out. But I guess the sooner you get the kiddos used to it, the better. I love you, kiss the kids for me.

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Sounds like fun! If you go to my blog, on the top of it on the left hand corner it says Delightful Dots, you can click on there and find some way cute backgrounds. Also there's another website thecutesteblogsontheblock.com, it might not have "the" in it. Try those. They're pretty easy to install, but if you have questions, just ask!

Jarae said...

Looks like you guys had a good time. I'm glad you were all able to have a fun night. Your kids are so cute. I love the hats by the way.

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Casey, you go girl! I have been checking out your blog,(I found it from Chad and Barbi's)it is so cute and so nice to see the kids growing. I am amazed how much they look like you and Corey. Keep up the good work. We love you, Vicki

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay Kasey, Help! I want to know how you get the text in between your pics, I can't get mine to do that! Vicki

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Kasey, okay I think I got it about the text. Thanks for passing it on. Enjoy those cute babies. Vicki