Gage and Taya almost always take an afternoon nap..and sometimes a morning one still. Sometimes they don't take a nap, but I do keep them in their cribs for 2 hours because they are usually relaxing even if they aren't sleeping. Today they didn't have a morning nap and by lunchtime I could tell they were sleepy. I was planning on putting them down after they ate their lunch.
I keep a bouncer in the front room so that when one of the girls is in it Gage and Taya won't climb on them. So I left Gage and Taya, strapped in their seats eating, and went to rock Haylee to sleep in the bouncer.
I could hear Gage getting fussy. In the time it took me to stand up and walk into just the next room. This is what he was doing.
He had fallen asleep in his chair. All messy. I wasn't sure if I should clean him off and take him to bed or let him sleep there or what. He and Taya have both fallen asleep in the jumper..mid-play before, but never this! He must have been exhausted becuase he was sleeping through her playful squeals and his head bobbing up and down! So I decided to get Taya down first. I cleaned her off and was changing her diaper when he woke up..rather fussy! So I took Taya up then it was his turn. I cleaned him, changed him, and layed him in his bed.
An hour later, he was still up there playing. I went up twice in that hour to start the music and lay him down. He just kept playing. He eventually woke Taya up. I tried to lay them both down but kept hearing him play. I went in their and they were both standing up.
I brought them downstairs to play. At 4:30pm, Taya went back to her crib because she was fussing because she was so sleepy still. It is now 5:20pm. Gage is playing and having a ball..like he's the best rested person in the world!!













2 comments:
That's hilarious! I think it's so cute when babies/kids fall asleep wherever! Ashlyn fell asleep sitting straight up in a hard kids chair watching incredibles the other day!! She was about to fall out of it and I got it on video. I'll have to post the video on our blog. Too cute. Your kids are adorable!
I hate those days! So annoying, but cute at the same time. I bet he was really fun later that evening. Lol; good luck with the nap thing. Preston still takes pretty good naps (most of the time), and Tayci definitely needs one, so hopefully that'll last a looooonnng time!
Post a Comment