Alexis Leigh
April 20, 2010
8:00am
7lbs 12.5oz
20 inches
Here's the story!!
On April 20, 2010, our alarm went off at 4:15am. We got out of bed and got ready for the hospital! We had to be there by 5:30am. I sat on the monitors until they wheeled me to the operating room at 7:20am. (Thank you for the wonderful blessing Dad and Cory!)
My handsome helper! I could NOT have done it without you! I love you so much!!
All ready!
After the painful epidural and all the cutting, puking, and light-headedness, we hear a baby cry. It was exactly 8:00am! Dr. Merrill says, "It's a girl!" He briefly showed her to us over the screen and added, "She's beautiful!" (as did the WONDERFUL anesthesiologist, Dr. Silver) Cory and I had a few tears and he went off to see her. She weighed 7lbs. 12.5oz. and was 20 inches long!

Then he brought her in to see me. (She was doing great until he sat down for a picture..uh-oh..she ALREADY knows when we are sitting with her instead of standing!!!) Cory and I had been debating between two girl names (we had our boy name in case it was a boy..) When Cory and the baby walked in, one of the doctor's asked if she had a name. Cory looked at me and said, "Alexis." I asked if he knew when he saw her and he nodded. So Alexis she is!
After being monitored in the c-section recovery for an hour, they took me to my room and everyone was allowed in! Gage and Taya came in the room and we showed them their baby sister, and surprisingly they totally understood what was happening. They were given arm bands. Taya's was red and said, "Big Sister," Gage's was blue and said, "Big Brother." They loved them! Taya wanted up with me..then Gage..so they each got their turns and each got turns with their baby sister too. 



Aunt Joy!
The nurse came in to check Alexis' vitals. She had to get her diaper undone and started crying. Gage was NOT happy about it! He lay his head down on Cory's shoulder and was seriously SO sad that she was crying! 

Alexis Leigh 

We had a lot of time to kill in the hospital..4 nights and 5 days!!
Not so sure she is a fan of the lights while she is sleeping!
I love the way he looks at her!
Fast asleep!
Beautiful Angel #5! 



Thank you Aunt Jean and Uncle Michael! BEAUTIFUL flowers!!!
She loves her sleep!
Looking at her daddy! 



Two very happy people! 
Thank you Aunt Sharon, Jana, Kaely, and Nikki! It was a WONDERFUL surprise to see you all and the outfit is beautiful!!!
Tried to take a pic of the three of us...
There we go!!
Daddy's getting Alexis dressed to go home! 


Mommy giving her one last bottle before we head home! 
Daddy putting her in her carseat! 

Since we've been home... 








We sure love our little Alexis! She is an eater and sleeper! (Hopefully it stays that way!!) I canNOT wait for the kids to all come back home and spend more and more time with her! We are so very happy and feel blessed to hold this amazing little one!
(And here is a pic of how long my hair was...I got to donate it!! Whoo-hoo!) 













7 comments:
Congrats! She is beautiful. How amazing are you that you birthed a baby and donated your hair!
OH MY, She is SOOO CUTE!! Congrats on the new little one!! Your family is so dang cute! Congrats!
Congrats hot mama!!! your great! your sweet addition is very cute!
yeah! congrats! it was so good to see you and your beautiful new baby!
Beautiful baby girl!! Congrats guys!
Oh Kase she is beautiful. I'm so happy for you guys and your huge family ha ha
Congrats! She's beautiful just like all your children! Your family is so cute! In regards to the blankets, they didn't specify if they had to be new or not, so I think if they are in good condition and you'd like to donate them that would be wonderful!
Post a Comment