Monday, September 13, 2010

Why Just So Close??????

Cory works as a custodian at the Church Administration Building. It's a nice job with good co-workers and a WONDERFUL environment. He has applied for a Lead position a few times now but he's been told they don't usually move people up, just hire new people for the Lead positions. He kept applying anyways. It's a needed and much appreciated raise. He's always gotten that email "sorry you are not one of our candidates." This time he got called for an interview. After the interview it was down to three people, him, another co-worker, and a new guy. After a couple days the co-worker got the email, so it was down to Cory and the other guy. It's been another few days and no email. I just got a text from Cory telling me that his Lead got an email saying who got the job and it wasn't Cory. Why? Why does it have to come down to being that close? Why get our hopes up? Why not just NOT get an interview and never get our hopes up? Why?

5 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

ahh!! SO frustrating! I'm sorry Kasey. It stinks SO bad when things don't work out. I hate getting my hopes up and being let down. I always have to step back and look at the big picture and think that it obviously wasn't what the Lord wanted to happen in our lives and he always knows what's best for us. Sometimes I think "Lord, if you REALLY loved me, you'd make life a little easier for me and give me that blessing I wanted!" haha I guess it is to teach us patience. Hang in there girl!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Sorry Kasey! Sometimes we never know the reason we don't get the things we think will be best for our family. Who knows, maybe something even better is around the corner for you guys. Keep your chin up!

Unknown said...

How frustrating! I'm sorry. I really hate that. My brother-in-law has been in the same boat with just finding a job and it has been so hard. Especially since he has to travel from Vancouver to Idaho Falls to apply every time just to get turned down. What a pain! Hopefully things work out better soon.

Kasey said...

Thank you So much Ladies!!

Saphena said...

oh kasey, bummer! you guys are doing so great & working so hard. remember you are loved & everything happens for a reason!