On Friday, March 18th, we had the PRIVILEGE to attend a wedding for two very special people! Erwin and Sarah..WHOO-HOO! Cory's family and Erwin's family have been family friends since Cory and Erwin were really young. Erwin's parents are Hawaiian so they eventually moved back to Hawaii but their families kept in contact. Erwin was actually there the day I met Cory when we were all snowboarding! Since then I've had the wonderful opportunity to spend a lot of time with a lot of the Wright family and let me just tell you, it is by far the most amazing family I have ever met! They have such a love for one another and a welcoming acceptance of whomever they meet like I've never seen before! Now I don't know if it's the Hawaiian culture in them or if it's the way their amazing parents have raised them, (I'm thinking a little of both), but either way it is truly beautiful! Since spending time with Erwin we have gotten to know Sarah and she fits in with this family so well! I have no doubt that she will continue to make the Wright family name a cherished one!
While I was in the waiting room (the kids room that had a movie playing along with tables for coloring) the kids were coloring and I noticed Taya..and I just HAD to take a picture..check out her legs!!
Well, since I, very sadly, left my camera in the car when we were at the temple I didn't get any pictures of them coming out a MARRIED COUPLE!!! I am actually very sad about this because Taya was so in love with Sarah the Princess when she saw h
Well, since I, very sadly, left my camera in the car when we were at the temple I didn't get any pictures of them coming out a MARRIED COUPLE!!! I am actually very sad about this because Taya was so in love with Sarah the Princess when she saw her! She just couldn't get enough! She actually sat and watched
them get all their pictures taken because she loved Sarah's beautiful dress so much! I did get a couple of Alexis with Daddy from my not-so-good camera phone though.

So my pictures start at the beautiful reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building!
Eating the yummy dinner!


Taya twirling her dress! (I actually have a VERY similar picture of Taya doing this at Cami (Wright) Rivas' wedding a year and a half ago!
The posing princess!
He sure enjoyed that cake!
Grandpa John and Taya

Taya was SO excited when she actually got to go hug "Sarah the pretty princess!!"
And dang I wish I had taken this picture from the side view because Gage has a MASSIVE CHEEEEEESE on his face!! (He's had a tiny crush on Sarah since they accompanied us to the Thanksgiving Point Farm last summer!)
Peyton's always been a HUGE fan of Sarah's too!! (can't you just read the tired looks on their faces!!)
Now Alexis really does love Uncle Erwin..it had just been a loooong day for her!
We sure love these two! (and no..we didn't plan on tallest to shortest!)
Showing the kids the temple from up there!
Attempt one at a family picture. I actually LOVE this picture..if Gage was looking!
Now if we could take Gage's face from this original picture and add it to the previous picture..the first one would have been awesome!
Peyton and Heather!
As I mentioned before, the Wright's are Hawaiian..so yes, the girls HULA!! Here's Allyson, Meags, Rach Ann, and Cami (missing Sister Lanelle!) doing a BEAUTIFUL hula..tears all around!

Sarah and her mom sang a wonderful song for Erwin!
Haha..this is probably only funny if you were there..but I told Taya that Sarah was going to sing and then Erwin was. So when Sarah's song finished Taya IMMEDIATELY said (in the dead silence loud enough for all to hear) "Now Erwin's going to sing!" It cracked us up! So I got her to do a bit for the camera! (and Cami, I love your laugh in the backround because this was just cracking you up!)
Erwin singing to Sarah...
He wrote this song when they were dating (not very long after they met I believe) and it is simply BEAUTIFUL! I wanted to record it and share it!
And apparently and NOT surprisingly there was a request for an encore of the Hula Girls!!
First dance as Mr. and Mrs. Erwin and Sarah Wright!
Poor Taya had been dying to dance with Erwin since BEFORE we even left our house to go to SLC. So once he was done dancing with his new wife, he spared a minute to make her dream come true! (can't you just FEEL the excitement oozing off her face!)
Thank you Erwin! She loved it! (and I have pictures of Erwin dancing with Peyton, cast and all, at Cami and Josue's wedding!)
To the Wright family-(you too Josue!) Thank you for being so accepting to me through the years. I have never once felt out of place or awkward around any of you! I've always felt like family and am so appreciative of that! You are all wonderful, amazing people and I am so lucky to know you!
Erwin, thank you for the amazing friend you have been to Cory! I'm not sure you will ever understand our appreciation to you for that! And finally...
Congratulations Erwin and Sarah! We are so happy and excited for you two to share you world together! Marriage is a wonderful, exciting adventure that I know you two will enjoy together, ups and downs! Thank you for having us be a part of your special day! It was beautiful. You are both beautiful people! CONGRATULATIONS!!!


So my pictures start at the beautiful reception at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building!Eating the yummy dinner!
Peyton and Heather!I just couldn't help myself and I just HAD to record it..it was so heartfelt and beautiful! And miss Taya was trying her little heart out to copy them! I catch her for a little towards the end but once she sees the camera she's done!
Sarah and her mom sang a wonderful song for Erwin!
Erwin singing to Sarah...
And apparently and NOT surprisingly there was a request for an encore of the Hula Girls!!
Erwin, thank you for the amazing friend you have been to Cory! I'm not sure you will ever understand our appreciation to you for that! And finally...
Congratulations Erwin and Sarah! We are so happy and excited for you two to share you world together! Marriage is a wonderful, exciting adventure that I know you two will enjoy together, ups and downs! Thank you for having us be a part of your special day! It was beautiful. You are both beautiful people! CONGRATULATIONS!!!













1 comment:
SUCH A SWEET POST!! :D Thank you for your generous comments about all of us! I loved how in love your children are with this couple *lol* So funny and cute! :)
Post a Comment