Friday, March 29, 2013

"Becoming Monet"

(February 7, 2013)
 
During the month of January the kids did a LOT of work at their school making a huge art project.  I went the first little while to help with both of their classes but only during the weeks that they were doing the backrounds so I could be surprised by the finished product!  Each and every child in those classes did the entire paintings all on their own!!!  No teacher or parent touched the brush.  We would point to the canvas but that's all we ever touched.  They painted by verbal instruction.  Each child did a seriously great job!!  I was beyond impressed with my four little artists and in my bias opinion they did the best!!! ;)
Taya's painting versus the Monet painting!!
"The Field of Poppies" by Taya Wardell
Peyton's painting versus the Monet painting!!!
"Roses" by Peyton Wardell
Gage's painting versus..
The Monet painting!! 
"Antibes" by Gage Wardell
 Haylee's painting versus the Monet painting!! 
 "Three Trees in Autumn" by Haylee Wardell
 After the Art Gallery showing we decided to take the kids out to eat.  They (especially Taya) get SO excited about "going to a restaurant!"  Poor Haylee wasn't feeling too hot (while she was literally feeling..HOT)!  She was obsessed with watching the basketball game that was on the TV while we were waiting to get seated!
 Check out these to absolutely HANDSOME guys in my life!!  I am one lucky gal!!!
 Aunt Lisa and Uncle Travis came to the art gallery and they also brought each of the kids, and myself, a red carnation.  When we got home after the gallery and dinner I was getting some things in the kitchen and I turned around to see this...
 He was down on one knee with his arm extended holding the flowers out to me with the hugest, sweetest smile ever!  He said "I love you Mommy!"  Seriously made my day..and seriously the best thing so far this year!  Gage is one sweet kid and he makes my heart melt!!  I love you son!

I am so proud of Gage, Taya, Haylee, and Peyton.  They put in a lot of hard work and turned out a great project!  I love seeing their paintings hanging in my house and I will keep these paintings forever!  I love you all and am very proud of each of you!!!



1 comment:

TOVAR said...

Those are amazing!! Even without the comparison of the art it was based off of, the work was awesome. But then when you see how close they got to the original, it is over the top. What cute kiddos.