Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday Thoughts

Today in my parents ward (well technically ours right now too..) they got a new Bishop. Personal revelation is absolutely wonderful! I know there have been SO many times in my life where revelation has practically saved my life!

I am SO grateful to have an amazing husband who is worthy and capable of receiving revelation for our family. I know there have been trials in his life but I am so proud to say he is my best friend, my husband, my worthy priesthood holder! I love how revelation can be used in our personal lifes and in the gospel.

I don't know anything about their old Bishop or their new one..but I didn't hesitate to sustain him. I knew that if he was called of God, he was meant to be the Bishop of this ward, at this time. I had a good feeling and followed it!

I have had a horrible experience (not my personal but a best friend's) with a "bad" Bishop. All she could ever ask me was how he could be called to such a high honor and be such a nasty, horrible person. At the time, I didn't have an answer, and it weighed on my heavily. This friend loved and lived the gospel so well. For her to have a question like that truly made me wonder about the reason for it. After a while of pondering, she and I came to one conclusion..he may not have been called of God..he may have been who the Stake President at that time had wanted and so he listened more to himself than to God sending the still, small voice. So that really made us think..we need to have that soft, warm feeling (or whatever it may be that you feel), when we receive revelation. We must be SURE to listen to Him and not ourselves!! Sometimes it can be hard to differentiate, but if we have the right heart and mind, we will be able to do it successfully!

No comments: