Sunday, September 21, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!

Dennis Keith Timberlake Sr.

The family, August 2005.

Me, Dad, and Jennifer..before saying goodbye when everyone was moving!
Dad and I dancing at Racheal's wedding.
Daddy giving me away at our wedding!
Dad and I after the wedding.
Daddy Daughter dance!
Some of the family at Temple Square on Thanksgiving weekend!

Taya being held by Grandpa at the hospital.

Grandpa was caught asleep with Gage and Taya.
Grandpa and Grandma saying goodnight to Gage!
Grandpa giving Taya her goodnight hugs!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHADY TO YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR DADDY!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

(His birthday was September 16th)

My dad is awesome!! He loves his family so much!! He works hard to provide for us..them (those that live there still..haha). Dad enjoys spending time with anyone in his family. He just loved it when we all got together last Christmas!! He teases Mom about all living together forever, but he would absolutely love everyone to live in the same neighborhood!

Mom and Dad dancing at our wedding.

The family at the Greenbelt.

Dad and Tate saying bye to Joy.

Dad loves the gospel! He was converted in his early 20's and has never looked back. When he talked to his parents about joining, Papa told him, "if you're gonna do it, do it all the way." And he has ever since.

Growing up, all our friends thought Dad was super cool! They would always stop and talk with him when they saw him..whether we were there or not. We had the "cool parents" and they both loved it! I'm sure Tate's friends will love them the same!

Dad getting a plane ride from Jennifer.
Dad is such an awesome Grandpa! He loves having any of his grandkids visit. He gets down and
plays with them and laughs with them and they all just love it!
Grandma, Grandpa, and all the grandkids..with Santa!

Grandpa and Grandma with Kassius.

Grandpa feeding Taya!
Gage and Grandpa feel asleep!

Sports, sports, sports! Dad loves them. He is the biggest Florida Gator fan ever! He enjoys playing, watching, and talking about sports!

Dad is a great Dad and he has given me such great advice throughout my life. I can admit that Dad and I never sat down and talked about everything in my life, but there definately were things we could talk about that I didn't really discuss with others. When I was going off to college, his advice to me was simple and meaningful. Dad said to me, "Always put Heavenly Father first. Say your prayers, study your scriptures, and go to church. Then do your schoolwork and classes and then your social life. If you do it in that order, He will help you with the other two." That is just one of the good advice stories! There are things Dad talks to me about that he doesn't really talk to with others..mostly politics!! Hehe..He and Mom have different views and hardly ever discuss that. Dad and I have similar views...on most things...so he is able to talk with me about it and I often agree. I know Dad loves Mom and each of us kids..and grandkids, and he has his special things with everyone. I am so greatful that he is my dad!
Daddy Daughter dance!
Now..I get to tell a little of an embarassing story..about him and Cory. Dad has a tendency to fall asleep in front of the television. On this particular day, he was laying on the foot of his bed, "watching" tv with his eyes closed. Booger had gone in quite a few times telling him to just go to sleep. I guess it was irritating Dad because the next time he heard footsteps he, very loudly said, "What do you want?!?" (Thinking it was Booger again). But it was Cory. Cory was about to have that special talk with Dad and ask if he could ask me to marry him. So that made Cory all the more nervous. He asked if Dad wanted him to come back and Dad opened his eyes and laughed. We always love that story!

Dad taught Cory how to carve the turkey!

The four of us at our wedding!

Happy birthday Daddy! I love you!

No comments: