Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Two More Beautiful Angels!

On October 13th, I had a doctor's appointment. I was 34 weeks and 1 day. After some deliberation, the doctor, Cory, and myself decided to go ahead and get my cervix checked. After four different checks, my doctor felt something strange. We had already done the ultrasound during my check-up and knew Haylee was still breach. But, Dr. Merrill still couldn't figure out what he was feeling from the brief touch. He wanted to investigate more. He didn't want the "figuring out" to accidently break my water at his office, so we were sent to the hospital. He said I was at a 2 or 3 though. The nurse did an ultrasound and we could see that the cord was underneath Haylee..which is what Dr. Merrill was feeling. She then checked me and I was at a 5. She left the room and Cory and I overheard her on the phone...saying she was taking us in for an emergency C-section. I FREAKED! I was definately ready to not be pregnant, but we were all hoping that Haylee would still turn..which was very possible in the awkward position she was in.


As I was getting my IV put in, Cory made the rounds on the phone! I was taken into the operating room and got my epidural. Thank you Dr!! It was much better than with Gage and Taya. It still KILLED..just not quite as bad! They let it set in..which only took a few seconds, then they put up the sheet. I was a nervous wreck the entire time, but I had complete trust in my doctor, his office partner, and the anesthesiologist. They were going to let Cory on the other side of the sheet to watch, but he wanted to stay with me, so he peeked his little head over! We actually had 2 of the nurses that were in when Gage and Taya were born. They took pictures for us (since we didn't have our camera..thinking we were only going to Ogden for a check-up). Need I say..Cory tried to get me to bring our bags that morning..just in case..but I told him we'd be fine! I should definately listen to Cory more! ;) Anyway, after a bit on the table, we were blessed with two beautiful daughters!


Haylee Joan Wardell
6:26pm.
5lbs. 9oz.
18 inches long
Peyton Skye Wardell
6:28pm.
4lbs. 14 1/5oz.
18 1/4 inches long

Because they were only 34 weeks along, they were having a little trouble opening their lungs back up when they were breathing. They had to be taken to the NICU. They were both put on Oxygen and Flow (which is just air being pushed into their lungs to help them open back up), IV's (one for sugars and one for nutrients), a feeding tube, and a bunch of monitors (oxygen, respiritory, heart rate, and blood pressure).

Kasey and Haylee

The neo-natologist said that they must do three things before they can come home. 1) Be completely off any oxygen...completely breathing on their own. 2) Be able to regulate their own body temperature. 3) Eat their total amount (which is determined by body weight) consistantly for a few days.

Today, they are 2 weeks old. Haylee and Peyton are completely off of their oxygen. They don't have any flow. Their IV's are out. They are still being monitored and the feeding tube is still in. But, they are eating well on their own. They use the tube if they don't finish their bottles, but both baby girls are eating and growing. We are hoping they will be home very soon!!!

Haylee and Peyton
Cory and I are doing well. Gage and Taya had a hard time with us in the hospital for a week. They are very attached! We have been putting them to bed and then going to Ogden to see Haylee and Peyton. We don't usually get home until midnight, but we are glad we are able to be here for Gage and Taya then go be there for Haylee and Peyton. We wish we could see the new babes more often. I could just sit there with them all day if I could..but there's two others that need my attention.

Taya and Gage!
Thank you SO much for my family and Cory's mom for taking turns coming to Logan. Although I only took medicine for a week, and I am walking and moving like normal, I am not to lift anything over 10 pounds for 3 months! It's quite irritating to me because I feel fine! But the doc says lifting can tear any of the incisions. Family has been helping and I am so grateful! Thank you Thank you!

Joy and Haylee
Flowers from Cory's family.
Flowers from my aunt and uncle.


Thank you to my wonderful husband!! I can't get Gage and Taya from their beds so he has to do it every morning. He goes and gets them and takes them downstairs to eat. And lets me sleep in! He was such a great comfort during the surgery and while at the hospital. And every time I cry during our trips to Ogden he is there to hold me and tell me that they're in a great place for their need! He gets just as sad and upset as I do, but he stays strong while I fall to pieces! Thank you Cory. I Love You so much!

Cory at the hospital!

Kasey holding Haylee and Cory holding Peyton!

13 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Congrats!!!!! You guys are such amazing parents to be able to have 4 children under the age of one. I still think you guys need some kind of award for that! Your two new little girls are beautiful! It's so hard to leave your new little babies in the hospital once you leave. I've been there.. but I guess I didn't have twins!! Ashlyn came emergency c-section at 34 1/2 weeks and stayed in the hospital for 9 days. Your little ones will be home in no time. This will at least give you time to heal and be ready to take care of them 24/7 once they are home! You guys are so blessed with such beautiful healthy babies! YAY FOR YOU! I've been checking your blog and thought something was up since it's been a while! SO happy for you.. take care!

Kristin said...

Wow - two more beautiful daughters in your family. Though I can't phathom what your life is like I am proud of both of you and excited to see your family grow. Please let us know when you bless the girls and I hope I can come. Lots of love and prayers for you all!

"The Adams Family" dadadada said...

Im so happy to read everything went well an the babys are okay! I hope your doing well too! And thank yu SOOOO much for the bin!!!! You have saved my life! I hope you recover fast! We love you! and CONGRATS!!!

Mike, Sha, Kenna, Kate, & Garrett said...

Congrats!! Your girls are beautiful! I am glad they are doing so well. I hope it keeps going well and that you are taking care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

Kasey, you are amzaing! I seriously can't believe that you already have 4 kids now!! If I was you, I'd be done! Your such a strong mom! Where do you live? I would love to come see your babies, i can't imagine i'm very far, we're in Sandy

Jana said...

I LOVE YOU...I am so proud of you! I can't wait to come back down! Give everyone hugs & kisses for me!

Jessica said...

Oh my goodness, congratulations on the beautiful baby girls. That really is amazing you have 2 sets of twins. I guess the Lord knew you could handle it and love these sweet kids.

Good luck, hope they come home soon.

Neal and Angie said...

Congrats! Glad everyone is doing well! They are adorable girls! You are so blessed to have 4 beautiful children! You are such a sweet mom!

Amber said...

Kasey I'm seriously at a loss for words. I can't believe you have your second set of twins. Oh my goodness! You are such a great mom and your kids are so lucky. I can't believe how much they look like you! I just love them. I hope all is well with your family. You are way ahead of all of us! Already you have four kids and i haven't had one yet! Love you friend!

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

Congrats!!!! That is awesome. You have 4 kids! That's crazy. They are beautiful.

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Oh my gosh Kasey! How in the world do you do it? You're my hero! How is it going? All your babies your beautiful!

Unknown said...

Kasey, I am so happy for you guys! What cute little babies you have. I love the names you picked out, they're perfect! Love ya!

LeBaron Family said...

Congrats and you go girl!
Two sets of twins!
I admire you soo much!