Saturday, February 14, 2009

TagXTwo

1.Where were you when you first found out that you were pregnant? 1st pregnancy in the bathroom at Cory's parents house..2nd in the bathroom at my parents house.

2.Who was with you? Cory both times.

3.How did you find out that you were pregnant? I had been really sleepy..I ate some hot dogs and they made me sick to my tummy (no puke..just way sick) so we took some home tests..2nd time I had been sleeping a ton again so we tested again!

4.What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? A bit sad because we had only been married for two months and I had just stopped by BC because it was making me WAY sick. But then we got excited! The second time, I was actually mad. We had just had kids!!

5.Who was the first person you told? Cory..then we each told our parents. Both times.

6.Did you plan to get pregnant? No! We wanted at least two years..and definately not..again we wanted two years.

7.Did you tell everyone else right away? Just our parents..both times...

8.Was everybody happy for you? I think so..the second time I really have no idea!!!

9.Did you go out and celebrate? To be honest..I'm not sure..either time..

10.Did you want to find out the sex? Of course! Of course!

11.Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Cory's (my) sis-in-law. My Mommy!

12.Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew that you wouldn't put on your baby? No..I didn't get too many outfits..I LOVED the onesies I got from Joy and Jana!!!

13.How much weight did you gain? After losing 30, I gained 20. Another 20.

14.Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? No I didn't have a chance!!!! Not YET!!

15.Did you get any stretch marks? Not until a week before I delivered..35 weeks along with twins and NONE..until 1 week before..stupid things! I couldn't tell you!

16.What did you crave the most? Nothing and nothing!

17.Did you crave anything crazy? No and NO!

18.Who or what got on your nerves? Being hottttt!!! BEING HOTTT!!

19.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was deydrated and needed an IV twice..I lost 30 pounds in just months 2 and 3..my blood pressure is usually really low and it got a tiny bit high for my normal but went back to my normal after 2 days..and I was slightly anemic and had to take extra iron..but nothing major!! I had high blood pressure just for an hour then it went back to my normal. Again, anemic and needed extra iron..and the cord was below the baby!

20.Where and when did you go into labor? I am not exactly positive but what we figured was I was at our house in Ogden and it was 5pm on Friday the 14th of December. I didn't go into labor!

21.Did your water break? Nope, the doc broke it. No I had an emergency C-section.

22.Who drove you to the hospital? Cory, Cory and Gage and Taya were in the car too.

23.Who was in the room when you gave birth? Other than my doc, there was a resident (who actually did the delivering), 2 tech nurses, my nurse, and 2 more that kept coming and going (and that irritated me like crazy!!) and Cory!! My doc, his office partner, the anesthesiologist, and 2 nurses (both of which were there for Gage and Taya's..one of which was one that wasn't supposed to be there but was and irritated me..but I liked her this time) and Cory!!

24.Did you go early or late? 35 weeks and 6 days but that's "term" for twins. 34 weeks and 1 day..so I was early.

25.How long were in labor for? Well, it started at 5pm on Friday, I had no idea though. At 8am Saturday, Cory made me go to hospital, still not knowing I was actually in labor though. At 2pm they broke my water, at 11pm they came to get me to start pushing. Gage was born at 12:02am on Sunday. I pushed for anothe 35 minutes and Taya was born at 12:37am. I was never in labor.

28.Did you have any drugs for the pain? I had an epidural. Afterwards they told me I could have 800mg Motrin every 8 hours but I only took it once. I had my epidural. Afterwards I could have Percocet every 4 hours and 800mg Motrin every 8. I skipped it a few times because I wasn't in pain..and then I'd have the worst pain ever, so I didn't skip anymore. I was in the hospital for a week but only took one set of pills after I got home.

29.Did you go natural or have a C-section? Gage and Taya was natural..both of them! Haylee and Peyton was an emergency C-section. My doc checked my cervix 4 times (3 ways) and at first nothing was working right, then he felt something that he knew wasn't a head because she was transverse. But his ultrasounds aren't quite as good as the hospitals and he didn't want to break my water feeling around and trying to figure it out. I was a 2/3. He sent me to labor and delivery to get an ultrasound. It was the cord. I was a 5. They had to do an emergency C-section.

30.What was your first reaction after giving birth? I kept thinking I can't believe all the horror stories about birth! I only felt 3 major contractions my whole pregnancy and felt absolutely nothing during delivery! We were all having fun and joking around during delivery! I had been TERRIFIED to have a c-section. So I was so relieved I felt nothing! And I wondered how they were doing because they were so early.

31.How big was the baby? Gage- 5lbs 5oz and 18 inches, Taya-5lbs 10 oz and 19 inches. Haylee-5lbs 9 oz and 18 inches, Peyton-4lbs 14 1/2oz and 18 3/4 inches.

32.Did your husband cry? No, No

33.What did you name the baby? Gage Allen, Taya Diane, Haylee Joan, Peyton Skye

34.Does his name have any significant meaning? I found Gage in a name book and we both loved it! Allen is Cory's middle name, I have always LOVED the name Taylor for a girl but it is becoming more and more common. I was watching the show Lincoln Heights. The sons name is Taylor but they call him Tay. I thought "TAYA!" Asked Cory and he loved it too. Diane is my middle name. We actually choose Haylee's name because of her middle name. Cory thought to have her middle name Joan, which is my mom's name. We thought of a lot of names and he choose Haylee because it flowed best with Joan and it's one of his favorite girl names. Peyton is my favorite girl name. We picked a few middle names and Skye flowed best with it.

35.Did you have any visitors? My parents and my nephew Tate the whole time. Then my best friend Jessica came to visit, Cory's best friend Paul and his wife, my friend, Rachel, and his brother Justin and his family came. I think that's it...It was completely unexpected! So..Cory's mom and brother Ryan were in town and took Gage and Taya during the day. My sister Joy came down because my mom was having medical issues and couldn't. She came down to see me and took Gage and Taya home so they could sleep in their own bed..they were only 10 months old so they weren't sure what was going on.. Cory's brother Justin came and gave a blessing with Cory.

36.Did the baby have any complications? Gage was on a teensy bit of oxygen for just a couple hours, Taya was fine. Haylee and Peyton both went to the NICU. They needed oxygen and flow because their lungs would stick when they tried to breath on their own.

37.How old is your baby today? 14 months, 4 months

38.When is the next one coming? Umm..no more!

39.If you could, would you do it all over again? To have the beautiful children we have now..yes! I do wish it had been a few years after we were married, and a few years between..but yes!

I tag all of the mothers out there. I want to see your answers too!!!

ANOTHER TAG...

What I've done....

Bold the items you have done!

1. Started your own blog

2. Slept under the stars

3. Played in a band

4. Visited Hawaii

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity

7. Been to Disneyland..DisneyWORLD!!

8. Climbed a Mountain

9. Held a Praying Mantis

10. Sang a solo

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch

15. Adopted a child

16. Had food poisoning

17. Been to the statue of liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables

19. Seen the Mona Lisa at the Louvre

20. Slept on a train

21. Had a pillow fight

22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you are not ill

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb

26. Gone skinny dipping

27. Run a marathon

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total Eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or a sunset

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise

33. Seen Niagara Falls in Person

34. Visited the birth place of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community

36. Taught yourself a new language

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38. Seen the leaning tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michaelangelo's David

41. Sung Karaoke

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44. Visited Africa

45. Walked on beach by moonlight

46. Had your portrait painted..drawn count?

47. Gone deep sea fishing

48. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

49. Been to the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris

50. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

51. Kissed in the rain

52. Played in the mud

53. Gone to a drive-in theater

54. Been in a movie

55. Visited the Great Wall of China

56. Started a business

57. Taken a martial arts class

58. Visited Russia

59. Served at a soup kitchen

60. Sold girl scout cookies

61. Gone whale watching

62. Got flowers for no reason

63. Donated blood, platelets, or plasma

64. Gone skydiving

65. Visited a Nazi concentration camp

66. Bounced a check unfortunately

67. Flown in a helicopter

68. Saved a favorite childhood toy

69. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

70. Eaten Caviar

71. Tied a quilt

72. Stood in Time Square

73. Toured the Everglades

74. Been fired from a job

75. Seen the changing of the guards in London

76. Broken a bone..had to get staples in my head..that count??

77. Been on a speeding motorcycle

78. Seen the Grand Canyon in person

79. Published a book

80. Visited the Vatican

81. Bought a brand new car

82. Walked in Jerusalem

83. Had your picture in the newspaper

84. Read the entire Bible

85. Visited the White House

86. Killed and prepared an animal for eating

87. Had Chicken pox

88. Saved someones life

89. Sat on a jury

90. Met someone famous

91. Joined a book club

92. Lost a loved one

93. Had a baby

94. Seen the Alamo in person

95. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

96. Been involved in a law suit

97. Owned a cell phone

98. Been stung by a bee

99. Visited Italy..I WILL!!!!! My FAVE place!!!

100. Driven a tractor

I tag..Jana, Jennifer, Rachel, Nicole, Ashlee, Sha

2 comments:

Keith Timberlake said...

What other language do you speak?

Who's the loved one you lost?

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Holy cow Kasey, how do you do it all, all those babies and all your other interests, you go girl and give my sweet Corey and your cute babies a hug!!