Sunday, April 5, 2009

Always return you phone calls!

Last weekend, one of my best friends called me. I was busy with a baby, so Cory answered and told her I'd call her back. By the time the kids were all in bed, I had completely forgot about it. Then she called me another time last week. I was getting ready to feed Haylee so I didn't answer. Now, I will admit..I hate talking on the phone. Ever since I got prego the first time, I have hated it. It actually made me sick to my stummy and I think that just stuck with me! So I tend to put it off..which I did..and I regret it.

Friday, April 3rd, I called her back. She told me that she called to tell me a friend of ours had passed. She was trying to call me the week before because the funeral was Monday, March 30th. I had met this person when I was a sophomore in high school. We dated off and on for a long time but always remained friends. So we've known each other for a very long time. Needless to say, I felt terrible!! I will no longer put off my phone calls!!

1 comment:

AMy said...

i am so sorry for your loss honey and in this situation it must be so hard not to feel guilty for returning a friends phone call but may it just be a lesson learned and not something you are going to beat yourself up about. Don't be too hard on yourself...and i am just going to throw it out there that maybe it was for the best. you never know. again i am so sorry. this is needless to say really hard for you to deal with right now. luvs.