Thursday, March 25, 2010

35 weeks and MORE to go!

I had my doctor's appointment today. We are 35 weeks and going strong! Before I tell you what happened today, let me explain my pregnancy so far..

When I was about 29 weeks along, Cory was in Utah after his interview for his current job. I had gone to my family's house and was then taking the kids in the house to go to bed. I had Gage and Taya in their beds and was at the car getting Haylee and Peyton. I had Peyton in my arms and was walking around to get Haylee..and I fell! I don't know if I have ever fallen on the ice but I sure did this time! I landed on my knees and forearms. Peyton was fine and the baby started moving later that night and turned out to be just fine too!

Last week, I had my regular appointment on Monday. I had thought my water might be leaking so they wanted to check and make sure. My doctor's office is just barely too far away from the hospital we use in order for him to do the test so I was sent to the hospital to just have them do the AmnioSure. I left my doctor's office with a follow-up scheduled for Monday the 29th of March. I went to the hospital and they had me put on a gown and hooked me up to the monitors (baby's heart and to see if I was having contractions). They did the test and had me stay there until the results were in. It turned out that everything was fine and I wasn't leaking fluid. I was sent home.

The next morning, I was reading a book to Gage. Suddenly, everything went extremely bright and I couldn't see anything except brightness. That lasted for about five minutes. Cory of course got super worried that it was preeclampsia. I called my doctor's office, which it was his surgery day and he and his nurse were not there. One of the office ladies called the nurse Carla and she wanted me to go to the hospital and get checked. Cory and I went to the hospital and they, once again, had me get in a gown and hooked me up to the monitors and took the blood to have it tested. Everything then was fine too but Dr. Merrill wanted me to follow-up the next day or Thursday.

Thursday I went in to his office and he checked my protein levels and blood pressure which was perfectly fine! But he told me he wanted weekly follow-ups instead of every two weeks.

On Tuesday night, I was bathing the kids (all four by myself because Cory works from 5:00pm-1:30am..leaving at 4pm and getting home at 2:15am). Peyton and Gage had gotten out and were playing in Gage and Taya's room. I had my right hand on the side of the tub and my let reaching for Taya..and my arm slipped from underneath me and I landed on the top of the baby bump. The baby didn't move a lot that night but did a ton yesterday all day..which is normal for this child. Then last night I was pretty sure I was having contractions and that made me worry that something had happened when I fell.

I went in today and had my regular check-up and they did the Strep B test and since we usually check cervix around 34 weeks, he went ahead and checked...or tried to! It hadn't even dropped and was so far up there he could barely reach it..talk about ouch! But it was closed but soft so if I had a lot of contractions it could easily open up. Since I really dont' know what contractions feel like he wanted me to get hooked up to the NST to make sure I wasn't having a ton..it showed none! So everything was good today. They even scheduled my c-section. (I had to have an emergancy c-section with Haylee and Peyton so I have to have another one this time if we wanted my doctor and the hospital we like).

So..unless I go into labor beforehand..we will go into the hospital at 5:30am and into surgery at 7:30am on APRIL 20, 2010!!

It is really weird having it scheduled like that but we're still thinking I won't go that long..seeing as how Haylee and Peyton were an emergancy c-section at 34 weeks and 1 day and Gage and Taya I went into labor with them and had them naturally at 35 weeks and 6 days! So we shall see!!! (and no..we still do NOT know whether it is a boy or a girl!!)

3 comments:

TOVAR said...

How scary! I am glad that things are fine. It must be a weird feeling to have it scheduled.

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Kasey, glad all is okay...We love you guys...

Anonymous said...

scary scary... you better be careful! i'm so glad everything is fine and i'm so glad that you have an actual due date! so fun and i can't wait to meet my new little neice of nephew!