Well, when Gage got his stitches..we hope we were clear for wounds around here..nope..not so much! Gage and I were playing upstairs while Taya, Haylee, and Peyton were down in the playroom. I hear Haylee cry then she started up the stairs. She came to me and said, "Mama, I bonked my head!" (then stopped crying). I started feeling around and felt a bump. I said, "Oh, right there?" She said, "Yeah!" So I started looking for any cuts and came across a bloody hole! I knew immediately she was going to need staples. I asked her what she did all she would say was that she hit it on the toybox. I asked if she was sliding on it and hit it..nope..was she climbing on it? Nope. Did you fall? Yep. I'm thinking..okay..how did you fall..and hit the back of your head?? I asked if she got pushed. Nope. Hmm...I called Cory at work and told him he was going to need to come home because I had to take Haylee to the hospital. I called my friend Natalie. She drove over, let me use her car, and walked back to her house with the other 4 kids..plus her two! (Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU)!! I took her to the ER and they got her back. She was so good..just sitting and hanging out with me! She did so good at letting the nurse and doctor look at her head.
Before..
The doc took a look and said that it would need three maybe four staples. It wasn't too long, but it was deep..I could tell that by looking at it! Haylee laid down on her belly and turned and looked at me. The nurse came in to numb her head. Haylee did okay with the first one but was totally freaked with the second one. She was screaming SO SO loud!! She didn't really move but just screamed and cried! After they were done numbing she was still freaking out and wanted to get up and sit on my lap so badly! I finally got her calmed down by singing. The nurse came in to clean it and Haylee was not happy about having anyone touch her head again! During the staples so screamed some more but I'm pretty sure she was just scared because the last time someone messed with her head she got owies! Haylee kept crying and screaming, "I want you! I want you! I want you!" Talk about heartbreak!!! As soon as the staples were done they let her up. She climbed on my lap and was a happy camper!After
Can't you just see the difference in this picture from the first one!!!
All in all, she did really well and I was very proud of her! The doc said that the cut was all the way to the bone so they did 8 stitches!!! The nurse said we should watch for a head injury, especially since she had a hematoma underneath her cut. We should expect lots of sleeping and withholding from some activities by Haylee's choice..but she didn't sleep..all the way to Idaho..she was awake and just normal Haylee!! I did tell Cory that he was going to have to take her to get them out though!!! :D
Oh..I guess I should tell you what happened!! So that night we went to Idaho Falls. When we got into Idaho Falls, on the way to my parents house, I remembered that Taya and Peyton were downstairs too. I asked them what happened to Haylee's head. Peyton said "she fell." I kept asking things..did she trip over a toy? Nope. Did she get pushed? Nope. Was she climbing on it? Nope. Then Taya said, "she was climbing on the couch." I said, "was she climbing on the couch and fell on the toyboy?" YES Taya and Peyton answered! :( Stupid couch! :D


















1 comment:
I'm still terrified of the dreaded day when one of mine need stitches or casts. I know it will come. The way they play around all the time and who their dad is, it's inevitable. Sorry for poor Haylee and Gage, but I'm glad I could help.
Post a Comment