Monday, October 29, 2012

This is what we do when the kids are gone for a week....

(July 6th, 2012)

Cory's parents wanted to take the kids for a couple weeks. We compromised with one.  They met us in Idaho Falls as we were taking off after the 4th and picked up the kids and Cory and I headed home.  Today we went to Salt Lake.  We walked around City Creek Center and then went to Temple Square to watch the Joseph Smith movie. We saw this within the first week after we were married so it was wonderful to watch it together again!   
(July 10th, 2012)

We REALLY needed a fourth bedroom so since the kids were gone we decided to do it!  This is our HUGE, MASSIVE downstairs room...where the kids sleep even though it's all one big room!

Putting up the frame..


 Grrr!!! :D
 (July 12th, 2012)

Putting up the drywall inside the bedroom! 
 Semi-finished wall!!!!
(July 28th, 2012)

Though we got the kids back on the 14th, we didn't get the entire wall up until the 28th and I wanted to show it!  We waited until Cory's dad came down so he could help us with the electrical.  Here's the wall up..just waiting for the door and a coat of paint!!!
Closet!!!
Inside the room!!!  It is HUGE!!!!  And the family room is still HUGE!  It's AWESOME!!!!
Three twin beds in there and look at all the room left in there!!
(July 10th, 2012)

During the day while Cory was at work..I worked too.  This is Alexis' room BEFORE....
 AFTER!!!!
 I also redid her dresser (which you can see a before of in the first before picture..) 
 (July 13th, 2012)

The girls got a new bedroom..Alexis got her room painted..I was NOT going to let Gage feel left out!  It wasn't much, but I painted his headboard and shelves.

BEFORE... 
 AFTER!!!
 It was a LOT of work and not NEARLY as much relaxing as was needed, but the kids were all SOOOO excited!!  Alexis' jaw just dropped and her eyes lit up!  The girls were in shock and thought it was SO cool! Gage was very happy and LOVES his stripes!  (I am glad no one got left out!)  It was GREAT!!!!

No comments: