Monday, October 29, 2012

Someone has their ears pierced!!!

(July 21st, 2012)

Taya has always loved earrings!  She was always obsessed with my mom's and constantly playing with them.  Since she was 2 she has been asking and asking for us to let her get her's pierced!  Cory kept saying NO..but finally he agreed, "as long as I am not there and don't hear anything about it!"  Taya asked me if it was going to hurt and I said that I thought it would feel like a quick pinch on her ear then it would be fine.  She was SO excited..but when we got to the mall she wasn't so sure.  So we walked around for a minute, looked at earrings, and walked around some more.  I asked her again if she wanted to and she said "nope!"  I explained to her that she can't buy any of those cute earrings she saw until she gets her ears pierced.  Then she said she was ready..so we went in!    She was excited to hop in the chair and sit down!  And of course she picked out pink, shiny, flowers!!

BEFORE...
 AFTER!!!!

 Taya was pretty nervous but she wanted to get them done.  She wanted to sit on my lap though.  I sat down and she climbed right up!  She sat as still as stone!  The ladies put their "guns" up and in the next second..she had holes in her ears!!  She didn't cry and she didn't even flinch!  She did GREAT!  We were in the store for another 30 minutes or so after that and the lady told two different people about how great this little 4 year old did that she just pierced!  Taya has LOVED having her ears done and to show them off to everyone!  Her 6 weeks (change earrings time) came the weekend before school so she was excited to get to change hers!  I can't believe my little lady has her ears pierced and is getting so "grown up!"  Yeah for you though Taya, because I know you are so excited!!

**update~About 2 months after she got them pierced the kids were playing around and Taya somehow got kicked in the ear.  It knocked her earring out and the back was somehow cut a little and bleeding.  She would NOT let me put her earring back in. She was so scared it was going to hurt.  My smartness decided to take the other one out too!  The next evening she said she wanted to put them in so they didn't close..well..too late!  We tried but they were just already too closed in the front and I was not about to push them through from the back!  So..she will have to go get them again.  Taya wasn't very happy but she said since it didn't hurt the first time she would be okay!

No comments: