Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Valentine's Day!!

(February 13, 2014)

Getting ready for Valentine's Day...Here's the kids being fascinated by the hail storm!
 Haylee's left-to-right, top-to-bottom completely backwards Valentine..
 Valentines for Daddy!!!
 Making our Valentine guys! 
 The Monster boxes I made for the girls' valentines! (and for some reason I have no picture of the blue one... :(  ) 
 I don't go crazy for Valentine's Day.  We try to make love something we do randomly whenever we feel like making or doing something fun for each other.  But I do give them a little something and the kids get Daddy a little something!  
 Valentine's breakfast with our annual pink heart pancakes with sprinkles!  YUM!!!  
My FAVORITE Valentine's tradition! Starting on February first the kids wake to a sign on their door that reads, "I LOVE YOU BECAUSE" and a a heart with a reason written on it.  There is a new heart every day until February 14th, giving them 14 reasons why I love them!  They love to wake up and read them each morning and it's a nice reminder to me each night, especially on hard days, what is so special about each of them!!

Gage's "You are a very good and loyal friend. You love to share your beautiful, honest testimony. You are so smart. You are an amazing athlete who picks up things so quickly. You love learning (about anything) and never run short on questions. You love your sisters fiercely.  You always know when I need that little extra hug and kiss. You have a special bond with your twin sister.  You are 'Daddy's best bud' and 'mommy's protector.' You are so sweet to everyone around you. You can always make me laugh.' You are a boy's boy but play well with your sisters.  You love being the 'man of the house' when Daddy's gone.  We have a special relationship where you can tell me when I'm doing something wrong, and you do!" 
 Taya's "You are my friend. You are a natural athlete. You are so very smart. You love to dance and when you are on stage you just come alive. You love music and have a natural connection with it. You don't share your laugh often, but when you do, it's one of the best noises. You are strong-willed. Your shyness is cute. You have an eye for art..drawing, painting, coloring. You have a crazy connection and love with your brother. You have a wildly-crazy (but careful who you share it with) personality. You love to snuggle with me. You are a super girly, pink-all-around girl.  You never want anyone to forget you are our 'baby girl' too."
 Haylee's "You love to help and take care of us. You are very sensitive to other's needs and emotions. You love to read the scriptures. You know when I need a hug. You are so goofy-silly and it's unexpected. You get so excited over the little things. You don't give up on things you want. You are very smart. You love to color and decorate. You always put others first. ( I put that one twice..oops.so she got 15 hearts) You are a fantastic little helper. You are very determined and a hard-worker. Your brain has a very cool, exciting way of learning. You say amazing and sincere prayers."
 Peyton's "You love going to church. You love one-on-one time with each of us. You are sweet and caring. You have a contagious laugh. You love to spend time with me. You love to read and figure out new books. You need your balance of alone time and group play. You are very smart. You love my snuggles. You are a quick learner. You love to be artistic and creative. You love your brother and sisters. You are sensitive. You know what you want and you don't settle for less."
 Alexis' "You are outspoken. Your laugh always brightens my day. You are very smart. You love to be with Jack. You are silly and always make me laugh. You are a natural little dancer. You are a very determined little lady. You love to write and draw. You love to be as big as your siblings. You love to be brave and share your testimony. You're so sweet and love to get snuggles and back rubs. You enjoy being a helper. You have an insane connection with music.  I love to hear you sing and how quickly you learn songs. You are strong-willed and stubborn but it will get you far."

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I hope you enjoyed your loved ones and celebrated love!  Do it daily.  Let family and friends know how you feel about them!  I love my family and I love any extra moment I get to show them that!

No comments: