And I bet you can't guess who...
Chances are..most of you are wrong! :)
Nope, NOT Haylee...
Nope, NOT Gage...
Nope, NOT Taya...
Yes, it IS Peyton!!!
She fell down the stairs Wednesday night (not tumbled, fell backward off the second step up). She was crawling up them and fell backwards.
After being shuffled between doctor's offices and the hospital, I was FINALLY told that she broke her femur. And after ANOTHER doctor's office, it FINALLY got a cast on it! (It's a VERY LONG and irritating story!!!)
So here is out little casted cutie!!
The right femur is broken..up VERY close to the hip. The cast covers that leg, wraps around her belly, and goes down to the knee on her left leg. The VERY WONDERFUL Orthopedic doctor said it probably looks like overkill, but all that will help stabilize it much better than if just the leg was in a cast. I said I didn't care as long as it was FINALLY going to be fixed! Which by the way, he was in shock that her leg hadn't been splinted all day long!
She is in a good mood! Just hates that she can't roll over, sit, crawl, or stand! But for not being able to do anything, she is still talking and laughing a lot! She was in a lot of pain when she or her leg got moved yesterday, so now that it can't be moved, she is in much better spirits! Thank you Dr. Redd for FINALLY casting her leg!!!













3 comments:
Sorry to hear about poor little Peyton. Hope she is feeling better! ER's can make me nuts! That is one reason we drive the extra way to Primary Childrens down here! They are so awesome there and their first concern is the child...stopping the pain would have been a priority! Cute rodeo and lake pics too!!
Wow!! Thank goodness kids are so resilient...hope she is up and around before long, how long does the cast stay on???
Poor little thing! That cannot be comfortable. How do you even change her diaper? I just cannot believe it and how irritating about the doctors. I'm sorry to hear about this. I love you little Peyton... get better soon!!
Post a Comment