Thursday, June 10, 2010

One month

I know this is late..but I figured I'd better get it done since she is almost 2 months old!!

Here are some (a lot) of my favorite pics from Alexis' first month! She LOVES to sleep in the bouncer! She and I spent a lot of time alone for the first few weeks! She can have a very sad face..Or the sweetest lil smile!Enjoys looking around and taking everything in! First bath at home!
Never really cried..just sort of shook her arms up and down! She actually does this..a lot.. Somewhat of a binky babe..
Then..the siblings got home. They LOVED it! I was worried about Haylee and Peyton but they took to her like a fish to water! They loved the "baby" immediately! Gage and Taya were excited to see Alexis again. It's actually like they totally understood that she was the baby in the belly who was no longer there anymore..but was..here! They were..and have been amazing!!
First picture of all five of our kids!
Lots of pats and loves for Alexis! A bit worn out from all the action!Gage (and all of them) constantly wanting to help! They wanted a picture with her.
Then Taya wanted to hold her.And Gage wanted his turn.And Haylee and Peyton crawled up to see the baby too!
This month flew by SO fast! I actually got to spend a lot of time one on one since Grandma's had the other kids. It was quite an amazing experience. I loved having her to myself (while Cory was at work.) She and I took a lot of naps together and just sat and snuggled all day! I feel bad that I can't just sit and hold her now..but I cherish the opportunity when I do get to! I don't know if it is because she is our last, or she is not a twin, or if it is because we spent so much time together for a few weeks, but I actually crave having time alone with her!
Alexis loves her sleep! She eats, sleeps, and potties. She smiles so much during her sleep and around a month old even started to recongnize Cory and I and actually smile at us. She loves to be held but also loves her bouncer. Alexis loves the sound of running water. She is usually hungry when I give her a bath so she is crying..then hears the water running and stops. She loves taking baths and could just lay our on her bath seat forever! Alexis has nicknames. Taya calls her Lexi. I call her Butterball and LeLe. She is our little cutie and I am constantly feeling bitter sweet as she gets older and older! She is our last for firsts..but we love her so stinkin much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute! It's amazing how fast the time goes. Brycen's almost 2 1/2 months old and I hate it! I just have to enjoy him while I can before he's out of the house!