Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Christmas Eve

(December 24, 2011)

This was Christmas Eve breakfast!! Not as easy as I thought...you've REALLY got to get ALL the lumps out for it to go smoothly through the bottles!  The kids loved them though so I guess that's all that matters!!

Taya was playing Santa..each of the kids took turns telling "Santa" what they wanted!


I just had to take a picture of Gage's scarf..he tied it up all on his own!
Then he wanted to be "Santa!"

Today was Christmas Eve..and we had NO SNOW on the ground..a very sad thing in this house!  So..we made our own snow...

(see that Frog chair on the couch?  That is Gage's birthday present from his friend and we just opened it.  We used the Styrofoam that came in the box with it to make snow.  We rubbed it together and it made teeny, weeny, tiny pieces..snow!)  We loved it!!!
 Christmas Eve dinner..my not-so-good Christmas tree.. 
 And my Santa stocking!  They kids thought these were cool..new tradition! :D
 After dinner and baths, we showed the kids their videos from Santa!  Alexis thought it was a bit strange at first..
 But kept saying, "Santa!  Santa!  Santa!"  and started getting excited!
 Peyton was WAY excited for her video!!
 Haylee's video!! (nope..not excited at all!)
 I'm sure Taya wasn't either!! ;)
I love this picture! She was so excited she was laying on Cory and just hugging his face so hard!!

 Gage holding my finger..aww!!
 He loved watching his video! 
 This is where our Elf sat all day long today!!! 
 This year we were blessed with a non-secret "secret" Santa!  They blessed us more than we could ever, EVER have imagined!!  Cory and I were just emotional putting all of these wonderful presents under the tree! It was all just so sweet and amazing!  I could just go on..and on..and on..about how wonderful this family is and how much we appreciate them..but I've been doing that for months now and should probably just go on with the pictures!!  Anyway-we stuffed presents halfway up the Christmas tree..it was super stuffed and so high into the tree!!
 I mean..seriously...check out how far out in the room these go!  If we hadn't stuffed up the tree there would have been absolutely no room for the kids to actually open presents up the next day!! 
 I love Christmas and the fun traditions we've started in our lil family!!! We always have so much fun playing Santa and putting presents out because we can almost see their faces light up!  

No comments: