Friday, February 24, 2012

Happy SMURFDAY Gage and Taya!

(December 17, 2011)

Gage and Taya were not as set in their minds when it came to their party as were Haylee and Peyton.  He wanted Cars.  She wanted Princesses.  (I have a feeling this is going to cause issues in the coming years).  I gave them a few "gender neutral" ideas..Pirates, Backyardigans, etc.  They wanted Pirates and they had decided on it for a few months so I figured that's what we would do.  About a month before they wanted Smurfs.  Our kids LOVE the Smurfs!  I think it's funny because the whole "new love" of Smurfs from the next generation is mostly due to the new movie.  Our kids hadn't seen the movie.  They love Smurfs because they love the cartoons that we grew up watching! Anyway..Smurfs..so since I hadn't actually started making anything for their Pirate party I obliged and changed to Smurfs for them.  

Here's the table..
"Greedy Smurf's Berry Mix"
"Smurfette's Smurfberry Juice" (I don't have a picture, but I used a clear pitcher and filled it with the Blue Hawaiin Punch.)
"Hefty Smurf's Dumbells" (meatballs on the left) and "Handy Smurf's Logs" (chocolate dipped pretzel sticks on the right)
with "Papa Smurf's Magic Powder" in the middle.
"Brainy Smurf Thanks You for Coming"
White cotton candy as our party favor!


"Architect Smurf's Mushroom Houses"
 "Farmer Smurf's Toadstool Garden"
 "Jokey Smurf's Birthday Cake Surprise"  It was a surprise because the inside of the cake was blue!
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY GAGE!
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYA!
 Present time!
 They got a lot of super cool gifts and had tons of fun with their friends that could come!  We missed those that couldn't!  Thank you all!  Same time next year! ;)  We love you guys!

No comments: