Ok so..like 2 weeks ago..my brother text me and my sister Jana. He was saying there was a surprise the weekend of the 13th and we HAD to come to Idaho Falls. NO WAY!! The 13th was Gage and Taya's birthday party and the 14th was lil Ethan's blessing. Plus on the 13th, Jana had Baylee's "Nutcracker" to go to. There was just NO way we could make it up that weekend! Especially with everyone traveling so far for Christmas.
Well, on the 14th Cory and I got millions (not literally) of texts from Boogs and Joy. "You HAVE to come up!" "Next week will be TOO late!" "You will REGRET it!" Blah blah blah. Honestly, we were just getting annoyed that no one would tell us WHY!! We had been so busy that weekend and 4 hours in the car for the kids was NOT what we wanted or needed to deal with.
Monday (which is Cory's day off) morning, we got text that we HAD to drive up there. I guess Boogs could tell I was getting SUPER irritated through my texts..so he said.. "it's not someTHING..come on you are a smart girl." So I have to admit..I thought if it's not a THING it's someONE..Aunt Jean or Jennifer. I knew Joseph was busy so I thought..no WAY!
We decided to drive up. It took us a total of about 5 hours..there and back. We opened the door to the house and JENNIFER JUMPS OUT!! WHAT!!! Then comes her handsome boys! I couldn't believe it! So a reminder..Jennifer has three boys..4, 2 1/2, and 3 1/2! She traveled from IOWA to IDAHO alone with the three!
We fed the kids and they had made Gage and Taya some birthday brownies. They all sang to them and they got awesome presents (in the birthday party post you saw the brownies and presents!) We were only at the house for about 2..maybe 3 hours (I can't remember now..but I know it was not longer than that!!)
Although we were frazzled with 4 hungry babes, it was MOST DEFINATELY WORTH IT!! I don't know when I'll get the chance to see them again..Joseph is super busy with rotations and Jennifer is super busy with her awesome sons!
THANK YOU Jennifer for being such a trooper with those boys! (Who, by the way, all got SUPER SICK in the hotel in Vegas the night BEFORE they were to fly out!) Thank you Joseph for being alone so she could still come out! We LOVE YOU ALL!! (Ps..I am SOOOO SORRY I didn't take any pics with you and the boys..my mind was in a million places!!!)
Tytus helping feed Peyton!
Jennifer holding the girls!
























2 comments:
Ok, so something crazy, my brother Ryan was going to med school in Iowa. When they were here for Christmas I was talking to his wife Brenda, and they know your sister. I was telling her about you and your kids being so close together and she lit up because she knew who I was talking about. LOL; small world!
I love this and love all of these pictures. It's crazy to think this was SIX years ago. Wow! Such cute pictures of our little babies.
Post a Comment