Saturday, December 6, 2008

Tis the season...

Time to vent! I HATE colds and illness..it's just dumb!! Cory was sick for 3 weeks! He had a cold and fever and just everything! About a week or two after he was over it..Gage got croup!! YUCK! (This was just Monday we took him to the ER for it.) The Wednesday I started getting a super sore throat and ears..trouble swallowing. It felt like strep. Yesterday Haylee (who had a loss of appetite since Wednesday night/Thursday morning) went a visited a pediatrician (hers isn't in on Fridays.) He said it could possibly be internal reflux (which Peyton, Gage, and Cory have) and to watch her and see if she gets worse then to bring her back. I then went to the doc to see if I had strep..negative! Later on, Haylee became worse so I took her to the ER. She has croup! Come to find out..adults CAN get it..it's just not near as bad and "feels like a horrible sore throat..almost like strep," said the ER doc. Okay..so I must have gotten it from Gage and given it to Haylee..at least that's what I am thinking! UGH! I hate it!! Cory is doing better. Gage has been doing better since he got the meds at the ER but his voice is still a bit rough sometimes. I MIGHT be starting to do better..it's still a bit hard to tell. And Haylee may actually be getting worse..not sure yet though. I'll have to see how it goes after she gets her meds at home...tis the season!!

2 comments:

~jAnA~ said...

Oh Kas, I feel so bad for you all! Poor Taya must have a heck of an immune system!!! I wish I could come downa and help you out! I love you!!! xoxo

NikkiAWardell said...

This is the time of year we actually hibernate at times. I have actually been known to ask people not to come over if I know they have been sick...especially with little ones in the house and Abby. Of course, it is impossible not to be exposed to stuff at work or school. I hope you are all feeling better soon. Sorry about the little ones and you feeling so yucky.