Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

The 4th of July at the Greenbelt is always a blast!! Cory and I were a little worried about our spot at the falls. Gage LOVES water and we were scared he would just walk off the cliff part towards the water. He didn't..Taya almost did though!! I painted all the girls toes blue and red. Taya loves getting her nails painted but Haylee kept trying to suck on her toes and Peyton kept kicking her feet. They got it on their legs too!!
Taya's toes

Haylee's toes

Peyton's toes

We got to the Greenbelt around 1:30-2pm and stayed until the fireworks were done. The kids did great!! Once we got their, we took Gage and Taya on a walk all the way around. Haylee and Peyton stayed and played with Grandma and Grandpa.

We hung out at the spot for a while. Gage and Taya had their push-cars. They kept wanting to drive them into the road. We couldn't wait until they closed that down!! Taya tried to follow Tate down to the water. Thank heavens Cory and Mom were watching because I was in the tent feeding Haylee. Haylee took a long nap and Peyton played in the tent most of the day. Once the road closed down Gage and Taya were in love!! They could walk anywhere they wanted..and they did. Gage found a rock he would throw, follow, pick up, and repeat! It kept him occupied! Then Mom and Dad took them on a walk and Cory and I got some quiet time because Haylee and Peyton were playing in the tent.
They loved the tent and the Sunny D!
Gage sharing as always!They loved the little camp chairs we bought them!This is Gage's "yeah I know I'm cute" smile!!
Peyton!I love this pic!As Cory and I were hanging out, enjoying the quiet, Peyton just HAD to get out of that tent!
Haylee and Mommy!
Snacks..or should I say, "nacks!"My handsome husby!!
Haylee was in the best mood..as always!!
Around 8pm all 4 got a little fussy. They were DEFINATELY ready for bed!! Haylee and Peyton got their bedtime bottles then were just fine and content! Cory and I tried to walk Gage and Taya to sleep but no luck. Finally, I walked them in the stroller. Gage was out rather quickly!! Taya wouldn't sleep so she kept getting passed around to see who could get her to sleep!
Haylee was trying to climb on Peyton!We got all 4 of them these cute pj's..I didn't get any pics of them all in them, but you better believe I will!!LOVE this one too!!Grandma and Haylee!This is blankets covering the stroller that Gage was asleep in.
Mommy and Peyton!
They all did GREAT during the fireworks. Peyton HATES loud noises so I thought she would have a hard time but she didn't. She watched them for a bit then fell asleep in her Grandma's arms. Haylee just sat, watched, and loved!! Taya watched for about 15 minutes then fell asleep..about the same time as Peyton. Gage slept in the stroller then woke up and he positively loved them! His eyes lit up!! His whole face did!!
Grandma showing the fireworks to Peyton. Grandpa and Haylee watching them.
Taya and Daddy enjoying the show!
Me trying to get Taya to sleep.
Fireworks!
This was his face when he woke up and saw the fireworks!
I got him out so he could see better!
Haylee just lovin them! Taya's asleep on her Daddy!
Peyton asleep on Grandma!
More!
Gage was in awe!
The grand finale!
Tate let Gage play with his glow sticks. Gage thought they were the coolest things ever!! He wore them all home!Taya was still out when we put her in the stroller!
Peyton still fast asleep!
When we got home, we lay all the kids in their beds and they were out!! The next day, they were super sleepy though!! They weren't doing much but sleeping!!
Taya woke up ready for a nap!Peyton..
and Haylee were in pretty good spirits!Gage was too.. Gage crashed!! Taya followed shortly! Happy Haylee!

1 comment:

TOVAR said...

What fun pictures. I had to keep reminding myself that people do have cooler weather then us in San Antonio because those sweaters, blankets, and long pjs were making me sweat just thinking about it.