Monday, December 6, 2010

26 YEARS OLD?!?!

On Veteran's Day I turned 26! My camera was "broken" so I didn't get any pictures :( But that's okay! Cory gave me my awesome yoga mat that he, Gage, and Taya picked out and I got some really cool mixing bowls that match my Paula Dean pots and pans from Cory's mom! We didn't do much to celebrate because it was during the week and Cory works nights. The kids LOVE birthdays though! They will tell you, "Happy Birthday" over and over! They just love them!! On Saturday Cory grilled up some steaks..yum!! We sang and had cake! The next day my mom called and said for my birthday she wants to get me a membership at a gym! Another thing I could really use! I had a great birthday!!!!

On the flipside, I am honestly not sure how I feel about being 26! I have never had a birthday get me emotional or sad or anything really. My mom told me it would when I turned 30 though! And although I told her no way, I am beginning to agree with her. I can't believe I am officially closer to 30 than 20! I am not sure why I am a little taken back by it. Probably because I was one of these people that had a timeline for my life! By 22 I would be graduated college and working on my Masters. I would get married and maybe have kids but not until I was at least 25 and settled in my career! Life turned out differently and I haven't met all those goals I set for myself. I guess instead of looking back with regret about that, I just turn around and make new goals! Here's to the next 4 years and accomplishing those goals!

6 comments:

The Graham Family! said...

Happy late birthday girl! Sounds like you got spoiled.. that's awesome! You soo deserve it. A free gym membership?? heck yes! That'll be so nice!

Jeff & Ashlee Olsen & Family said...

Getting older is so bitter/sweet. More on the bitter side. Ha ha. I'm glad you had a good birthday.

Marlynn said...

Happy Birthday!! I know what you mean about the plan thing...its like that song says..."If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans." He has something else in store for us...and he knows best too! Happy Birthday. And just think you'll get to spend your retirment years with no kids to raise!!

Kasey said...

Thank you ladies!!

Marlynn-I think of those words all the time!!! Craziness!! We do have that alone time to look forward to! We will be like 43 when Alexis turns 18..so yes, we will still be pretty "young" when they all fly the coop!

Rachael said...

Oh Kasey, if you had any idea how many times I thought those exact same thoughts. "How did I let this happen? I'm not even close to my degree or a career, what was I thinking?" I had to say goodbye to the person that wanted that life more than anything, because we can't go back. We would have a completely different life than we have now and who knows if we would have these same fantastic children. Our goals will always be there and they will probably be more refined by the time we actually reach them, which is a great thing. Now that you have your children, you have all the time in the world to follow your dreams. Love you.

Natalie said...

Well you can look at it from the other side. I am also almost 26 and I have no kids yet. Imagine how old I am going to be by the time my kids are all gone!! Any way school can wait!