Friday, November 2, 2012

The time the Janke's came to visit!!

(July 30th, 2012)

We were able to have my sister and he four sweet boys over for a few days!  Unfortunately, we didn't get to do too much since our car decided to crap out while they were here, but it was SO GREAT to get to see them and get to spend time with them!  They have lived in Iowa for...5 years I think...then Florida for 1 year and now in St. Louis for a year and counting!  We hardly ever get to see them, which makes me so sad!  The kids absolutely loved having their cousins here!  Unfortunately, I was lame and didn't pull my camera out much (okay..my camera was broken..so I had to take them with my phone..ick!)

Here we tried to get a picture of all 9 of them!  (let's see ages here..8, 6, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2~almost 3, and 2)  

Javien holding Lennox, Kassius behind Haylee, Peyton behind Alexis who is behind Gage, and Tytus behind Taya!  (of course when everyone else has a perfect picture..Taya is the one not looking..if only I could add her from the top picture to this picture!)

Lennox and Gage loved playing the drums!!

Dinner at Golden Corral!!  Taya was super excited about this awesome, HUGE thing of cotton candy!!

It was Jennifer and I with the 9 kids!  We were worried, but they did GREAT!  I was impressed and very happy!! (THANKS DELCIE!!)

Since we only had one car, we had to do shifts in getting anywhere.  Cory was home so Delcie took the first group of kids to him then came and got the girls and I.  We had fun waiting and taking pictures though.

I love this picture of Taya!!!
Peyton and Haylee!!

Lil cheeseball Alexis!!
 I LOVE this picture!! 
 After playing outside for a while it was finally time to get all clean!  Lennox wanted in with the girls! 
 That night Javien wanted to sleep with Gage..and he was excited for that! Jennifer wasn't sure he would actually sleep in there..but he did!  These two were OUT in like 5 seconds!!! 
The kids LOVED having cousins around to play with!  Gage LOVED having boys around!  I LOVES seeing these cuties!  I LOVED spending time hanging out and chatting until way-too-late with my sister!  On the last night, the kids were all outside.  Some of mine had their bikes out. Kassius was sitting on the stoop and I was chatting with him.  He said, "I wish we could have brought our bikes to all ride together."  I said, "yeah me too buddy.  It would have been a lot of fun."  He continued, "I really wish we lived by each other then we could play together and ride bikes together whenever we wanted.  Now THAT would be really fun!"  

I thought I would cry because I, too, would LOVE for us all to live by each other.  To play together.  To have cousins around that my kids could grow up with.  To call each other up and say, "hey..I need milk..could you run by for 10 minutes so I don't have to spend 30 getting all the kids in and out of the car just for milk!"  To watch "our shows" together.  To spend time with my sisters.  To have someone else to run to besides Cory (though I love him dearly..I'm sure he'd like to be spared some tears now and then).  To have nephews/cousins to go and cheer for during a game. To have tons of family to come and show their love and support to our kids when they have a game or performance of some sort.  To celebrate birthdays and holidays together.  

Cory and I talk about this all the time.  He thinks it would be cool to live by each other.  I try to tell him..that he doesn't understand how important it is to me.  He was never super close with cousins growing up.  He had some there and spent some time with them, but not like my cousins and my siblings, and myself.  We spent all holidays together.  We did so much together.  I want that for my kids.  It is such a special bond, special friendships to be that close with your siblings and cousins.  (well enough of my tangent..) 

It was a GREAT visit!  We realized the distance and cost isn't nearly as much as we thought it was.  We are determined to get together with them more often and can't wait to see them again!  My kids were SO super sad when they woke up and the Janke's were gone.  Gage was very glad he got to wake up and see them and say "good-bye!"  

Thanks SO much for spending time with us!  

Thanks boys for being such great, sweet, fun cousins playing with the littles so well!  

Thank you Sis for chatting with me and letting me share some stories and tears!  

We love you all so much!!!  (that includes you Jos! We missed you!!)

No comments: